Author Topic: Agnes FOX m. Reg? & lived in GOBOWEN  (Read 9186 times)

Offline whinny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes FOX m. Reg? & lived in GOBOWEN
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 19:15 BST (UK) »
hi again, the name of agnes & reg is tomley, but the maiden name of agnes was lewis not fox,and as far as i know she never had a sister called selina but she had one called sarah ann who married a man named brown they had girl called jean , when she was a year old her fathers ship went down in the second world war, she was aggies only niece . jean now lives at daywell cresent near the church , as she never married her name is still brown, i hope this has been some help to you.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 16:58 BST (UK) »
Sorry I've been so long replying but my husband has been in hospital.     This could be them, & I just assumed Aggie was Selina's sister, when I found Selina had a sister named Agnes living with her after she got married.  Selina Fox married a Dai Lewis who was the son of the Lewis' who brought up my grandmother. Does Jean have an e-mail address for me to communicate with her, by any chance?   It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack!   Thanks so much, Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline whinny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 20:18 BST (UK) »
sorry but i do not know jean by person, the information i have given you so far is what my mother has told me, she is sister to reg and is now 96 years old, but has a good memory for her age. i am sure this is the aggie and reg you are looking for as the farm they lived in is just as you discribed,do you remember anything about the inside of the house?, i can remember that you had to step down into the kitchen.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 20:37 BST (UK) »
I'm going to give you my home e-mail so we can continue this privately, do you mind that? (*)
I remember walking through the farmyard gate & the house was on the left & you walked around to the door & went in to a huge kitchen with the range facing you.   I can't remember if you went down a step or not.    Ask your Mum please if she remembers Aggie having a friend named Mary Francis Lewis, called Polly who married a Walter Barker Roberts, called Wally & they lived in Rhosddu, Wrexham?  They had 2 children, May & John, often called Johnnie or Jack. Thanks so much, Amberly.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 20:44 BST (UK) »
If Aggie was Agnes Lewis who were her parents?  Just realized I hadn't asked you that. Amberly

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 02:18 BST (UK) »
I think I've sent you a personal message now with my e-mail address.  I'm not sure as the instructions weren't exactly straight forward, but I hope I have.
Please let me know.
Amberly