Author Topic: Elizabeth Higgins, born approx 1704  (Read 4936 times)

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Higgins, born approx 1704
« on: Saturday 08 January 05 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Anyone have any links/any information at all please.

She married George Chantry, with later a son also called george.

Best Wishes
David

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Higgins, born approx 1704
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 January 05 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi David, These are from the NFHS disc's

From the marriages disc;

Record  MSURNAME  MFIRSTNAME  FSURNAME  FFIRSTNAME  PLACE        DATE 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 72023  CHANTRY   George      HIGGINS   Elizabeth   NEW    18/05/1725 

And from the Baptism's disc these seem likely;

595831  BLY    15/05/1739              Geo                  Geo                      CHANTRY           Blyth                           
595882  BLY    09/08/1741              Anne                 Geo                      CHANTRY           Blyth                           
595883  BLY    09/08/1741              Sarah                Geo                      CHANTRY           Blyth                           
595746  BLY    01/02/1735              Eliz                 George                   CHANTRY           Blyth                           

Steve.

Census images Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

<br /><br /> Researching LEY, MEATS, LEVER (Nottingham)<br /> KERRIAGE/KERRIDGE/CARRIAGE (Norfolk, Cambridge,Lincoln)<br /> WISEMAN (Cambridge)<br /> UNWIN (Staffordshire,Derbyshire)<br /> FRANCES/FRANCIS (Norfolk)<br /> And BELL, McKENZIE and GRAY in Scotland.

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 January 05 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Steve - this was most helpful.

There is a direct line from Elizabeth to my wife.

I'm not sure what to do next though. Are there any resources available for purchase which might get me back even further?

any advice/info would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes
David

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 January 05 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi David, Glad to be of help.
If they have done any crime you can check the court records and newspapers or if they were important or were rich or owned an acre of land or more they would be eligible to vote so there would be records of that, also if they sold or bought land there would be land and title deeds.
There are problay more records which i have forgotten so i would suggest you  post on the Census and Redcords board and ask on there.

Steve.
Census images Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

<br /><br /> Researching LEY, MEATS, LEVER (Nottingham)<br /> KERRIAGE/KERRIDGE/CARRIAGE (Norfolk, Cambridge,Lincoln)<br /> WISEMAN (Cambridge)<br /> UNWIN (Staffordshire,Derbyshire)<br /> FRANCES/FRANCIS (Norfolk)<br /> And BELL, McKENZIE and GRAY in Scotland.