Author Topic: Edington 's in coldingham  (Read 4720 times)

Offline roby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edington 's in coldingham
« on: Tuesday 12 February 08 10:16 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors Archibald Edington b. 23/5/1756 in Coldingham married Helen Lumsdane abt 1778.   According to Archibald's 1838 will he had 4 surviving children.
John. b. abt 1782 in Coldingham
Archibald abt 1789
James 1793 in Coldingham
Rachel b. abt 1801.

I think he may have other children Alexander b. 3/10/1779 at Coldingham and Helen b. 16/4/1781 Coldingham, if so they must have died prior to his will in 1838. 

I am trying to establish Archibald's parents.   I think they were Alexander Edington and Agnes Grant, but I cannot be sure.  :-\ Can any one help with query??  I have the death certs for the children and Archibald's will, but of course his parents are not listed.   

Does anyone have any suggestions where to go from here.   I have checked the coldingham MI pre- 1855's but no luck. 

There were so many Edington's in this area, that it is so confusing who belongs to who ???  Hope someone has an idea.

Cheers
Roby
Davis/Davies Wales
Moyle Cornwall
Edington Berwickshire
Fisher Kirkcudbrightshire
McLeod Skye
Louden, Greenhill,  Fife
Robeson Lancashire
Sharman  Northamptonshire
Simpson Westmorland
Symmons, Vincent Middlesex
Wealands Sunderland, Durham

Offline Burns1929

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edington 's in coldingham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roby,

I was researching my ancestors Alexander Edington and Agnes Grant and I came across your posting from 2008. I know it has been a few years since your posting, so I am taking a shot in the dark contacting you.  Did you find anything on Alexander's parents.  That seems to be a far as many of the family trees get and then stop.  I have been working on my family tree for some time now and have found many interesting facts but still no parents for Alexander. I am trying to work my way back from the beginning of when the Edington name first appeared in Scottish history.  Hoping to find his relatives.

Your posting says you have a copy of Archidbald's will.  That's is wonderful, do you think there is a way that I could get a copy as well?  If you still need information about the Edingtons who lived in Geneva, New York , I would be more than happy to help you.  I have lots of information, and many pictures, of James Edington, John Edington, and many of the family members.

I hope to hear back from you soon.  Wish I could have found you posting sooner, could have helped you out a lot. 

Take care
burns1929

Offline roby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 February 15 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Burns 1929   

Thank you for your post, it has prompted me to return to researching ;D.   My connection to the Edingtons is the Australian connection.  My gg grandmother Margaret Edington was the daughter of  James Edington and Helen Lumsden (Lumsdane) She married Robert Fisher and emigrated to Australia and they had 5 children . 
If you would like to contact me privately we can share information and discuss the connection further . :D
Kind regards

Roby

Davis/Davies Wales
Moyle Cornwall
Edington Berwickshire
McLeod Skye
Louden, Greenhill,  Fife
Robeson Lancashire
Simpson Westmorland

Offline Burns1929

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 February 15 03:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roby,

Thank you so much for getting  back to me I do so appreciate it.  I would really enjoy working with you on this endeavor to find our ancestors.  I can trace our family back as far as Alexander Edington the one who married Agnes Grant, I think his father is John Edington but not 100% sure still working on that one.

Working on this privately would be fine, just let me know how you would like to go about doing that, I am new at this rootschat stuff. 

Thanks again look forward to hearing from you.

Burns1929

Offline roby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 February 15 03:29 GMT (UK) »
HI Burns 1929

I am not so proficient myself, but I believe if you post 3 times you have access to my email address.  I really do not want to post on the open  list.   Failing this I think you could contact the moderator for advice.

cheers
Roby
Davis/Davies Wales
Moyle Cornwall
Edington Berwickshire
McLeod Skye
Louden, Greenhill,  Fife
Robeson Lancashire
Simpson Westmorland

Offline roby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 February 15 03:52 GMT (UK) »
HI Burns

If you post on the list again and then  check the help button on how to send a personal message .  This should help.  I don't think I can send to you until you have posted 3 times.

Good luck
Roby
Davis/Davies Wales
Moyle Cornwall
Edington Berwickshire
McLeod Skye
Louden, Greenhill,  Fife
Robeson Lancashire
Simpson Westmorland

Offline Burns1929

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 February 15 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roby,

Okay here it goes, hopefully it will work.  If not I will find a way.  Thanks again :D

Offline Burns1929

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 February 15 05:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roby,

See how good I am at this, I forgot to leave my name.  Take care talk to you soon.

Burns1929