Author Topic: Death of Robert Wilson  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death of Robert Wilson
« on: Sunday 17 February 08 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Looking for death details for Robert (James?) Wilson. Born c. 1845. Married Mary Jane Dickinson in 1866. Mary died 1888 in Warrington area. Informant recorded on death cert. R.J. Wilson. When son William Wilson (born Birkdale 1877) married Mary E. Eckersley in 1899 marriage cert.stated father deceased. So, death between 1888-1899. Both christian and surname very common so it's needle in the haystack time. Have much more family info. if anyone thinks they possibly have an answer for me but needs more specifics.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Robert Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 February 08 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Deaths for that period show the age of the deceased which should help for elimination purposes but if there are lots of Robert J's - as you say - needle in a haystack
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 May 16 17:50 BST (UK) »
I have come back to this thread after quite some time. Still looking for details about Robert's death. Since my original posting I have received new information about the possible story of his demise. Apparently, at some point after the death of his wife Mary, Robert made his way to Ireland. This could have been in connection with work as a bricklayer. The story goes that Robert was killed as a result of an accident on a building site in the Dublin area. He may have been buried in Glasnevin cemetery. I have for some reason taken this last bit of information with a pinch of salt. I have managed to narrow the time line to between 1888 and 1891. When one of Robert's daughters got married in August 1891 her father was listed as deceased on the marriage certificate. I know I am pushing my luck but I am hoping that somebody in Ireland might be willing to check out a newspaper archive over there and see if there is a mention of any of the details I have mentioned, maybe even an inquest. Robert's name varies frustratingly across the documents I already have: Robert Wilson/ Robert James Wilson/ James Wilson/James Robert Wilson, born in the Sefton area of Liverpool in 1845. I know I am asking a lot but I still hope somebody can help me.

Regards

Doddie

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 May 16 18:18 BST (UK) »
I know I am pushing my luck but I am hoping that somebody in Ireland might be willing to check out a newspaper archive over there and see if there is a mention of any of the details I have mentioned, maybe even an inquest. Robert's name varies frustratingly across the documents I already have: Robert Wilson/ Robert James Wilson/ James Wilson/James Robert Wilson, born in the Sefton area of Liverpool in 1845. I know I am asking a lot but I still hope somebody can help me.

Perhaps it would be better if you posted your request on the Irish boards  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 May 16 18:41 BST (UK) »
Quite right rosie99. For some reason I took it into my head just to add to the original thread without thinking that my new post widens now the field of inquiry to Ireland. Doh!

Regards

Doddie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 May 16 19:52 BST (UK) »
Here's the link for the new thread on the Ireland board- hopefully we'll be able to help  :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=748740
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 May 16 06:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that aghadowey.

Regards

Doddie