Author Topic: Deans/Geddes family in Down  (Read 12217 times)

Offline tomdon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deans/Geddes family in Down
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 April 12 19:03 BST (UK) »
To: Wildcats

Not the same family line I'm afraid but I looked and here is some information for you.

Your JOHN DEANS was born in 1832 and died aged 81 in Cambusnethan, Motherwell, Scotland (cardiac failure). His father was Robert Deans an 'Estate Overseer' and his mother Letitia Shirkey.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Offline DeernessLass

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 June 16 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hello tomdon

I've been researching my husband's family tree, one of the branches also comes from Elizabeth/Eliza/Lizzie Deans through her daughter Margaret Melvin. I note that back in 2012 you said that Eliza and James Melvin had six children, I've found seven children, two of them with the name Hugh, the first baptised in 1860 who presumably died and the second baptised in 1870.

I think the Hugh Dines marriage in 1838 to Margaret Geddes is not a mistranscription of Deans as the name Dines is very common to Killinchy. It is more likely to be Hugh Dines a fisherman whose
only known child with Margaret Geddes was Margaret Dines born c 1839.

If you do have any photographs of Elizabeth/Eliza/Lizzie Deans, James Melvin or her daughter Margaret Melvin? If you would be prepared to share them I know my husband would be delighted as unfortunately his family don't have any photographs really beyond his grandmother. Eliza is his GGG-grandmother.

Thanks and best wishes. Tanya

Offline GWC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of Alexander Cameron brother of Christina Cameron and I am hoping to make contact and share what we can.
Alexander Cameron is my Great Grand Father.

Thanks, Glen