Author Topic: Dady, Thelton/Thelveton or Dunston  (Read 701 times)

Offline Candolim_Imp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Dady, Thelton/Thelveton or Dunston
« on: Tuesday 11 January 05 09:42 GMT (UK) »
I'm hoping for some help locating my Dady branch in Norfolk.

I've been very lucky to find 1821 and 1841 census returns for Dunston, where this family lived, and Dunston church records are available, but I would like to find details on Samuel Dady and his wife, Elizabeth.

Samuel was living in Dunston in 1841 aged 60-65... so his birth year could be anything from 1775-1781. His wife, Elizabeth, lived until 1855, so I have a more accurate age and her birthplace (aged 73 in 1851, born Thelton), so Elizabeth's birth year should be 1777-1778.

I have found a possible marriage in 1805 for a Samuel Dady to an Elizabeth Rudd in Thelveton (alt name for Thelton), and this seems likely with the lack of evidence of 2 couples of these names, but their first child that I know of is John, born in 1814... so if the wife IS Elizabeth Rudd, they may well have had more children before moving to Dunston (in 1821 there are 4 males and 3 females in Samuel's household, but I only know of 2 sons and 1 daughter born by 1821, so perhaps the 2 unknown individuals are an older son & daughter).

I have no certain birthplace for Samuel, but he is listed as born in Norfolk (and Dady is a Norfolk name), but it's possible he, like his wife, was from Thelton/Thelveton.

Does anyone have access to church records for this area of Norfolk? I would be very grateful for any information which might shed some light on their origin and family.

Known information on them:

Samuel Dady (1775-1881, Norfolk)= Elizabeth (1777-8, Thelton, Norfolk)
Children: John, 1814, Dunston. Emily, 1816, Dunston. George, 1818, Dunston. William, 1821, Dunston.

I have 1821, 1841, 1851, 1871-1901 census records, but no church records except what's on IGI and the Vital Records CDs.

Any additional information would be wonderful.

Impy

Hodge; Southport, Lancs
Pugh; Salop, Liverpool
Hulm; Bootle, Southport
Guildford; Liverpool
Clausen; Denmark, Liverpool
Yapp/Yopp; Salop
Marshall, Rimmer, Howard, Johnson, Jackson; Southport
Bury; Heref, Herts
Dady; Norfolk, Southport
Colebourne; Liverpool
Small; Barbados, Liverpool
Murray; West Indies, Liverpool
Williams; Africa, Liverpool
Jenner; Glos

Offline Candolim_Imp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dady, Thelton/Thelveton or Dunston
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 January 05 10:03 GMT (UK) »
I should mention that the name was sometimes spelt "Dade", and occasionally Dadd, Daddy etc
Hodge; Southport, Lancs
Pugh; Salop, Liverpool
Hulm; Bootle, Southport
Guildford; Liverpool
Clausen; Denmark, Liverpool
Yapp/Yopp; Salop
Marshall, Rimmer, Howard, Johnson, Jackson; Southport
Bury; Heref, Herts
Dady; Norfolk, Southport
Colebourne; Liverpool
Small; Barbados, Liverpool
Murray; West Indies, Liverpool