Author Topic: James Hickman  (Read 15570 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Hickman
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 06 April 08 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

There are some immigration records on Ancestry but I am not sure what years they cover.  I think I googled and came up with the Tasmanian archives site because someone told me the family I was looking for had gone there.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Haryc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 07 April 08 07:54 BST (UK) »
Cheers I'll try that.

Caro

Offline 7carnage7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 April 09 10:58 BST (UK) »
I hope this finds someone that can help me.

I have been researching the surname Hickmore and found Hickmer, Hickman and others in this. This thread lists some people I have in mine or I know would be in mine with the right connections and hoping someone might be able to help me and fill in some gaps I might have.

My website for this surname is : http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SRCH&db=carnage&surname=H

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Hickman married to Ann Thomas is my 5th Great Grand Uncle.

Cheers

Brendan

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Brendan

Welcome to Rootschat, hopefully you will find some of your queries answered here.  :)

Is there anyone you are looking for help with in particular?

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline 7carnage7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:10 BST (UK) »
Well Haryc had the person listed that I have in my database and he says in the thread that he has a lot of information on Hickman so I thought he might be able to help me fill that line out. I also have so many names that perhaps others with Hickman in their database might have ones that I do.

My line starts with my Grandma who is a Hickmore and going back the name has changed to Hickman, Hickmer, Hickmor, Hickmar, Hichmett.

The furthest back I have is Richard Hickmar/Hichmett born abt 1690 Waldron Sussex

Brendan

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:13 BST (UK) »
The name does seem to be interchangeable doesn't it, I am beginning to think my Richard Hickman was not baptised Hickman as despite several parish register searches he cannot be found.

I even bough the parish register for Mayfield so I could go through it with a fine tooth comb but that didn't find him either. 

Well done for getting back so far and an interesting tree.  :)

Kerry

Offline 7carnage7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:23 BST (UK) »
It's been quite fun, one of the people I have had three different surnames in their lifetime and quite alot have two so it can be hard. I just happened to come across this site on a quick google search and did not think it would find anything.

Everytime I see Hickmore/Hickman/Hickmer I'm pretty sure we are related somehow, just got to try and connect the dots.

I was lucky with the research as someone in Canada had seen me post a few years ago and provided information their spouse had conducted over his life and had only recently died so he deserves the credit. I just want to fill in the information he didn't have and hopefully find more cousins etc I didn't know about.

Also Richard Rayment at www.hickmore.org helped out also as he has quite a bit of information also.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:27 BST (UK) »
I've not seen that site before, thank you.

Kerry

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:52 BST (UK) »
JAMES HICKMER         

Baptism 29 Nov 1772 Name James HICKMUR Father's Name William HICKMUR Mother's Name Mary HICKMUR Parish Heathfield All Saints

or

Baptism 11 July 1779 – Hellingly

Father Richard Hickmar

Mother Ann IGI Source
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive