Author Topic: William Costello  (Read 52817 times)

Offline Vicki Ann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Costello
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:03 GMT (UK) »
I have never done this sort of thing before BUT I have recently learned I am the great granddaughter of Charles Costello Ferguson. I was excited to learn (with the thanks of Google) that there seems to be a family of connections spanning across the world.  Recently I was given a photo of Charles wearing his WW1 medals and the medals themselves.  This is particularly significant for my family as we had no idea that we were connected in such a significant way to the first world war.  Hopefully one of my 3 sons will wear his medals with pride at the dawn service in April. My father Robert Bremner Ferguson lives in Australia.  I live in New Zealand.

Offline Vicki Ann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Costello/ Charles Costello Ferguson
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:08 GMT (UK) »
I have never done this sort of thing before BUT I have recently learned I am the great granddaughter of Charles Costello Ferguson. I was excited to learn (with the thanks of Google) that there seems to be a family of connections spanning across the world.  Recently I was given a photo of Charles wearing his WW1 medals and the medals themselves.  This is particularly significant for my family as we had no idea that we were connected in such a significant way to the first world war.  Hopefully one of my 3 sons will wear his medals with pride at the dawn service in April. My father Robert Bremner Ferguson lives in Australia.  I live in New Zealand.

Offline jack Irish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 17 September 15 00:53 BST (UK) »
 Hello William, I believe we may have talked before,. Since then I have found the following information concerning the Costellos in my family history. I now know who they were and where they came from. I would love to get into contact with others  in the line  and find out about the others in the family

My name Is Jack Burns. I am the great grandson of Honora Costello Carmody and great grandson of Edmond Costello and Mary Devine.

Offline jack Irish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 19 September 15 12:40 BST (UK) »
  I misspoke when I said that Edmond Costello was my great grandfather when in fact he is my great great grandfather. Sorry about that. His wife and my great great grandmother was Mary Devine.

Offline Ann W

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alfred & Elizabeth HUDSON
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 10 October 15 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone.  I have just found this thread..   Back doing a bit of family research.  I have a William Joseph COSTELLO in my tree.  He was born 17 June 1898 in Cheviot NZ  died in Rotorua in 18 March 1946.   I have lost touch with his children and g children   
Cheers.
Warwickshire: Husselbee, Willetts, Simpson, Hudson, Worwood, Weston, Moss
Worcester, Willetts
Cambridgeshire: Bartlam, Simpson, Graves, Radford.
Staffordshire: Weston, Bartlam, Worwood, Roberts
Wales: Roberts, (jones Ha Ha )
Lancashire and New foundland: Walmsley.
Ireland,Co Down, lemon: Co Mayo, Deane, Conway, Scanlan: Waterford, O'Hanrahan, Fitzgerald.
New Zealand: O'Hanrahan, Walmsley, Trapani ,Lemon. Pascoe
Australia: NSW: Lemon

Offline eoinoceallachain

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 01:43 GMT (UK) »
I have just read and digested this complete thread, which goes back over 8.5 years. It enabled me to map 7 contributors into my extended Costelloe family tree, most of whom are no closer than 4th cousins i.e. we share Maurice Costelloe/Jane Day as great-great-great grandparents. Jack Burns would be a further degree away again via Edmond Costelloe.

I descend from Maurice by way of Andrew Costelloe (1825-1900), Ellen Costelloe (1868-1951), Alice Fennessy (1911-1990) & Emer O'Sullivan (1946-).

Although I cannot send direct personal messages on here yet, I would love to hear from those, with whom I could exchange parts of our family tree. I have 425 Costelloes mapped into my family tree thus far. So Frank Nolan, John McKenzie, Pete Dunn, Kay Marie, TessaR, Vicki Ann, Jack Burns, please do reach out and say hello.

Kind regards,
Eoin O Ceallachain, Dublin

Offline popmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 18 April 20 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Im a descendant of Edmond and Kate (NZ family) but my question is concerning Jane Ferguson exwife of Hubert. did she remarry? John Prendiville cited in divorce. thanks for the other posts i can rebuild and correct family trees and my own because details in most have inaccuracies in basic information.

Offline Carol SNZ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 15 February 21 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Hubert Ferguson and Jane Costello, both from Ireland,  married in 1865 in New Zealand.  I am their great great grand daughter. I'm hoping for information on Hubert.  Records show that he emigrated in 1862, before that he was in the Royal Irish Constabulary in Galway. He joined that in 1858, aged 18 approximately.  Prior to that, I can find no record of his existence or family. I'd appreciate any help.