Author Topic: John Neeson of 4 Ballybollen Road  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Margie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
John Neeson of 4 Ballybollen Road
« on: Friday 02 April 04 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hello to all out there.  

Am at my wits end trying to find info on my Neeson family in Ballybollen.  I paid for two reports to be done by Ulster Ancesty and the questions I wanted answered were not!  

This is what I have maybe any of you can help.  John Neeson born 1864/1865 I have his marriage certificate which states his father was also a John Neeson mother Catherine??.  This father John was a labourer and lived at 4 Ballybollen Road with supposedly his father a James Neeson.  Son John a weaver,married a Jane Mulholland on 1 Oct 1887 in Ahoghill RC Church and in April of 1888 they had a daughter born named Rose.  When Rose was born John her father was in Port of Glasgow working and Rose was born at her grandparents that of Charles & Rose Mulholland of Aughterclooney.  

Am trying to find John's birth info from 1864/1865 also what his mother Catherine's maiden name was????  I have been working for years and years on this family and still these questions above are not answered.  

There seems to be no info anyplace on Johns birth 1864/1865 and for his mother Catherine she is very elusive.  Any help will be most appreciated.  

I have written to the parish church in Ahoghill have all the birth, death certificate pertaining to this John and Jane once they emigrated to the states as well as all info on the family from that point.  Its the Ireland side in Ahoghill that is totally elusive.  

Thank you kindly I hope to hear from some of you on where to go from here on this research.  This John & Jane were my Great Grandparents.  

Thank you, Margie
Hi we are are aware that you are trying to retieve your password but sadly we only have an old email address for you. Please click on contact support for help.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re:John Neeson of 4 Ballybollen Road
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 April 04 10:38 BST (UK) »
Margie,

I hadn't a clue where "Ballybollen Road" was, so my search on Google found it possibly to be:

Ballybollen Road,
Ahoghill,
Ballymena,
Co Antrim

Is that the same Ballybollen Road as you are asking about?

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Margie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:John Neeson of 4 Ballybollen Road
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 April 04 11:13 BST (UK) »
 Yes, you are correct, that is the "exact" address!!!  Margie
Hi we are are aware that you are trying to retieve your password but sadly we only have an old email address for you. Please click on contact support for help.

Offline jusme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Neeson of 4 Ballybollen Road
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 October 04 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Margie,
I too have been trying off & on over the years to trace my Neesons, I have noticed a couple of your posts on different websites. My Gt. Grandfather was Charles Neeson from somewhere in Ireland? His death cert. states his father was Francis & his mother was Alice Kane.
Charles moved to Scotland where he married Eliza. McReynolds in 1860 in a place called Milngavie(near Glasgow). I was wondering if you had come across any of these names in your search, by the way, my grandfather William was born in the same year as your John 1864. Any info. would be apprec. From one Neeson to another & thanks. Bill Neeson

Offline Scotchegg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 May 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
Charles Neeson who married Elizabeth McReynolds are in my family tree. John McCreadie

Offline Lismurn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 18:56 BST (UK) »
The address "4 Ballybollan Road" is only relevant in recent years since roads were given names. Having lived on Ballybollan Road until I was married I know the area. I would suggest there is no such address as No. 4, the first dwelling on the road in the dates mentioned would have been the first laneway on the left coming from Glebe Road.
I believe that townland would be Ballymacilroy.
Margie mentioned having contacted the parish Church, is that the Church of Ireland or the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 November 14 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margie,

We know that you are trying to retrieve your RootsChat password, but sadly they are bouncing back to us as we only have an old email address for you.

For help please click on the "contact support" button for help or look at our "contact us page"

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kleenex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 November 14 02:26 GMT (UK) »
Charles Neeson and Eliza McReynolds are my Gt Gt Grandparents Eliza had 4 sisters her father moved the family to Milngavie. Their daughter Alice is my Gt Gran

Offline Sharon10

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 April 17 03:08 BST (UK) »
Margie  :)

I have a GGG Grandfather John Neeson married Catherine 'Lafferty' in 1856 in Bellaghy Roman Catholic Church, Ballyscullion, Magherafelt, Co Londonderry. John and Catherine emigrated to Australia after their marriage to live in Victoria.  Born in Antrim, Ireland in 1834, Catherine married John Neeson and had 6 children. Catherine passed away in 1887 in Tarrayanta correct spelling is "Tarrayoukyan", Victoria, Australia. I have the names/details of all Neeson's buried in this cemetery. Catherine is registered in emigration documents as Laverty. If anyone has more information on the Neeson's from Aughterclooney or Derry or Rose Scullen whom I believe to be Catherine's mother/sister ? or Titus Neeson whom I believe to be Johns father/brother ? I have come to a stand still.
        Sharon