Author Topic: Harkin/McCallion marriage please  (Read 62323 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Harkin/McCallion marriage please
« Reply #81 on: Monday 07 May 18 21:02 BST (UK) »
O_O
Hello thanks for that interesting story!!  I think most of us  hear but never have the ability to hold that information when very young etc my great auntie Sarah married a Nelson.
She might be related to me?  I presume Sarah was from Donegal?
 I also presume you are new to this genealogy! So I recommend you start you own thread on Donegal give as much information as you can plus have you checked the Irish census of 1901/11
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Philip Mccallion son of Micheal and Sarah!!
Is  living at the family home with his mother, wife aged 27  and children in the 1911 census.
Now my questions are this!  oldest child is 11 and his wife is Rose Maiden name is unknown but could be Mcdade but he was not married in 1901? 
This so confusing the nearest wedding to a Rose is Granny 1891 or 1905  both to Phil Mccallion, Maybe a few smarter people in this group can help me out cheers Little annie  ::)
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 20:04 GMT (UK) »
The boys John and Michael are grandsons of Sarah not necessarily sons of Rose.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 20:14 GMT (UK) »
The townland of Meendacalliagh, civil parish of Fahan Lower.
https://www.townlands.ie/donegal/inishowen-west/fahan-lower/illies/meendacalliagh/

KG    ;D
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Birth of James McCallion - 20th April 1909 at Meendahallagh (Meendacalliagh).
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1909/01613/1646830.pdf

KG   :)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 20:40 GMT (UK) »

Offline Bald Eagle

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Cancel that

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Sorry about delay getting back to you all and appreciate your help and yes  I think the 2 oldest grandchildren of Sarah belong to another son! 
So we have the marriage of Philip Mccallion and Rose  McDaid married in St Columba RC church Moville January 1905
Father's Micheal McCallion   and Cornelius McDaid, Cruckahenny.
Hopefully some of Roses family may enlighten me cheers little annie