Author Topic: Boswell Help Please!!  (Read 42711 times)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boswell Help Please!!
« Reply #27 on: Friday 14 March 08 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I cant help it  ;D

Offline tamrown

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 16:49 GMT (UK) »
i can confirm that emily edith yeomans and boswell did not marry, she was my great grandmother and left her first husband arthur moore with the children. my grandfather used to go and visit her in derby and that is where he met my grandmother,

Janet
peet derby/middlesex
moore derby/sheffield
rutter yorkshire
gibson
tamrown anywhere
knight durham
day sheffield
millington derby
noakes staffordshire
howells staffordshire
moore nottingham

Offline kdc650

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 07 February 09 18:38 GMT (UK) »

More meat on the bones :

* T.W. Thompson, 'II. - Samuel Fox and the Derbyshire Boswells', Journal of the Gypsy Lore Society, 3rd series, III, part 4 (1924), 171-172.

Isaiah Boswell, Nelson's brother, had only one son, Edward M'Kenzie, and one daughter, Daiona...M'Kenzie and Daiona, whom I first saw at Repton on Boxing Day, 1923, with blackened faces and coloured paper streamers pinned to their clothes and head-/gear, the one playing the concertina and the other a tambourine, do travel at times.1

1 Daiona married Harry Deverill.

Offline kdc650

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 07 February 09 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Dominic, could you please gives us more details from Alger's birth certificate. Actual date, place, father's occupation, and the like.

Much appreciated.

Keith C

Offline Rio123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 April 09 18:54 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if you are still trying to find out Boswell information.  Emily Edith Moore was my great grandmother.  Let me know

Tracey

Offline isaiahboswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 21 November 09 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I am Isaiah Boswell (now known as Richard/ Dick). I am son of Edward Mackenzie Boswell and Emily Edith Boswell. Although the census states that I was born in the first quarter of 1921 my actual date of birth is 29/12/1920 as you can see this was in the last two days of the final quarter of 1920 hence the census mistake.

I am the middle of my parents five children, my older Brother was Algar Boswell born in 1915, then my elder sister Veronica Boswell born in 1918 then myself, then came along my younger sister Diona Boswell around 1922, then my younger brother William Mackenzie Boswell born in 1924. Myself and Veronica (Ron) are the only two remaining siblings as the others have now passed away. I am soon to be 89 at the end of the year.

I can actually provide more information if required and assist you further in completing the famioly tree as I would also be interested in learning more myself about those relatives that I have lost contact with or have not yet met.

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 21 November 09 20:01 GMT (UK) »
in what area were you born uncle?
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline Linda11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 04 December 09 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dick
My father is Samson Howard Limb Boswell. (Sammy) My grandfather John Howard Boswell (Jonny) they travelled around Derbyshire. I would like to hear from you, so that we might exchange information.
Linda :)
Derbyshire Boswell's

Offline isaiahboswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 18 December 09 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Linda
My Father Edward passed away in 1929 when I was aged 8 years and 3 months old. I recall him taking me to work with him we rode on the push bike with me on the cross bar on a seat he made especially for me. We rode to Melbourne Hall on one occasion where my Father would use his bicycle which had been specially adapted by himself with grind stones - his own invention. He would put the bike on a stand, sit on the saddle and pedal away to turn the mill stones to sharper the cutlery or tools. He began to teach me to play the violin before my brother Algar traded it in for a Crystal set (which was the earlier version of the wireless).
I do remember Jonny Boswell, I am not sure if it is the same one. He had a son and daughter (Jonny and Thora). If it is the same Jonny as your Grandfather, he used to have his Caravan on Breaston lane in Sawley.
Regards Dick