Author Topic: William Stewart Orr & Annie Craig - Kilbirnie, Ayrshire  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Stewart Orr & Annie Craig - Kilbirnie, Ayrshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita according to the index on Scotlands People on your dads death cert it gives your grandmother maiden name as Scoullar There is a marriage in 1926 Camlachie between Robert Stewart and Jeanie Mushet Scoullar

Offline Rita.st3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Wendy! I found it,, yes Margaret and James stewart are also the name on his death certificate but i was unable to find a birth certificate for my grandfather under the name of Stewart... his birth certificate states he was registered Robert Arthur and his mother is Mary Stewart,,, I cant find anything for mary after the 1891 cenus.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 August 18 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita How sure are you that this is your family in 1891 and how do you know that your grandfather was registered as Robert Arthur The reason I ask is there a few family trees on Ancestry that have the Robert Arthur son of Mary as emigrating to the USA and dying there long with his mother her husband and 2 half siblings How old was Robert when he married Jeannie and does it state on the marriage cert that his parents are deceased or living There is a couple of marriages of a Margaret Stewart to a James Stewart which could be your Gt grandparents

Offline Rita.st3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 August 18 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy, my grandfather was 33 when he married Jeanine,  his parents James and Margaret Stewart  are both deseased on his marriage certificate, my father did say that he heard that his grandmother did go overseas. My father often spoke about his father being a young boy and living in Beith near kilbirnie.my dad was an only child as his own mother died when he was young .

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 August 18 20:47 BST (UK) »
Okay that gives us a birth year of 1892/93 there is a birth of a Robert Stewart born 1892 registered in Beith Ayrshire on Scotlands People Also when and where did your grandad die

Offline Rita.st3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 August 18 21:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Wendy,  My grandfather died in 1965 in Glasgow Etive Street, he was 75