Author Topic: HILL/BULLOCK/CARMICHAEL  (Read 2848 times)

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HILL/BULLOCK/CARMICHAEL
« on: Saturday 03 April 04 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hello,  I am researching my Renfrew names;
 HILL: Robert Hill b.circa 1790 Paisley
                     m. Jean/Jane/Helen Bullock/Bulloch
  children:
  John b.1819
 Alexander Park b. 1821 Abbey Paisley
 Archibald Sinclair b.1823 Abbey Paisley
 James Munro b.1825 Abbey Paisley
 William Bowman b.1827 Abbey Paisley
 Janet   b. 1829 Abbey Paisley
  Alexander and Mary had Martha b. 1845 (don't know where exactly--still can't find record of her birth)
  they had 3 more children in Australia.
  Archibald and Margaret had:
  Robert b. 1846
  Agnes b. 1848
  Isabella b. 1851
  Margaret b. on voyage
     they had 5 more children in Australia.
---------------------------------
   Am trying to trace the other children of Robert and Jane HILL.  So far can't find anything other than births.
---------------------------------
 Mary CARMICHAEL b. circa 1824  ? Scotland
   parents John CARMICHAEL   Occupation Weaver
                Martha EASLIP  
 --------------------------------------

ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS

Offline winstone

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HILL/BULLOCK/CARMICHAEL
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 January 06 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am replying to your request 3/05/04, regarding Robert Hill, 1846, who arrived in Austarlia on the Beejapore in 1853, Robert was my wifes great grandfather, and lived at Wallsend Newcastle Aust, he had  six children and  died 1932.

I have some information regarding his family in Australia, and I would be appreciative of any you have on the Scottish side.

Through the Scotlands People site, we traced  Archibald Hiil (29/06/1823) back to Robert Hill/Jean Balloch, we then found a Robert Hill (3/05/1794) and an Archibald Hill (02/02/1803) who were the sons of John Hill/Mary Morrison, we are not sure of this link, and was not able to go back any further.

You may of course solved your Australian connection by now, but nevertheless we may still be able to fill in a few gaps, and I'm sure you will have something to tell us about the Scotland connection.

regards  Eric Winstone