Author Topic: james jones  (Read 7443 times)

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: james jones
« Reply #18 on: Friday 09 May 08 06:11 BST (UK) »
Dear jap
The info i have cam from the Alpine family history which isnt much as i waited months for the reply and it didnt give anything The info that i have on jane came from the family history forbes they were very good but only had so much.
I have found out more from all you guys. I thank you for that.
                       Liz
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline waj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 February 09 19:39 GMT (UK) »
hello i have just saw this post about james jones.  My greatgrandfather was Ralph Jones born 1836 at Cortamlet near Newtownhamilton.  From my information rest of the family emmigrated to Scotland(??)  Perhaps they moved on to Australia.  The names you have mentioned are family names in my family e.g william, margaret, mary, ralph, moses.
Would be interested to compare notes?
Waj

Offline waj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 February 09 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Shazza, Thank you for your message, sorry I do not know how to reply to personal messages yet as I am new to this
waj

Offline standardcrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 December 09 14:07 GMT (UK) »
That James Jones and Jane Hughes married in 1848 and they moved to India because he was a soldier in the KOYLI (51st regiment). Don't think it is anything to do with the person being requested here.

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 December 09 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Standardcrow
You are right the james Jones from ireland migrated to australia married Jane Hughes in Bright Vic he died in an accident in his 40's
                 Thankyou gene
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline Tinawhite

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Liz,

James Jones is my Great Great Grandfather. I am new to family history but have discovered the following:

James Jones and his sister, Elizabeth Jones travelled from Liverpool to Melbourne on the ship Great Australia arriving in September 1862.

They followed their brother, William Jones (born approx. 1822 in County of Down, Ireland) who travelled to Australia in approx. 1852 with his wife, Mary Jane Ennis (married Newry, Ireland in approx. 1851) William died in 1864 in a similar horse accident (fracture to the skull) as his brother, James.

Elizabeth married John Boyd at Beechworth in 1863 and had eleven children she died 29th July 1909

I am yet to find any information on their parents George Jones and Margaret Mcconnell