Author Topic: Marriage cert for Canada where do I apply ??  (Read 8498 times)

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage cert for Canada where do I apply ??
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 May 08 19:45 BST (UK) »
oh yes and I do make sure I thank people for their time I am very grateful to all who have replied
Guttentag Keen Kemp Knight Miller Muller Rose Weinberg Weisberg

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage cert for Canada where do I apply ??
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 October 14 21:18 BST (UK) »
update all info on them found now thanks very grateful to all that helped

Both girls were placed with families in the same street as domestics, Daisy at 551 Lansdowne Avenue, Montreal with Thomas Hutchinson, a farmer, and his family, and Rose at number 542 with William Campbell and family.

Rose married Daniel J Bremner, a lumberman, on 22nd November 1909 in Quebec. He had been born there on 4th March 1879. They had at least two children, both born in Quebec, Rose Eileen on 15th October 1910 and Mildred Georgina on 8th June 1916. Daniel died on 10th September 1935 in the Montreal General Hospital. Rose died at the grand old age of over 101 on 9th December 1989 at Manoir Trinité Centre D’Accueil, Longueuil, Quebec. Both Daniel and Rose are buried at The Hawthorn-Dale Cemetery in Montreal.

Daisy married Lewis Wilbrod Larin, a salesman, on 14th August 1926 in Montreal, Pointe-St-Charles (Presbyterian Saint Mathew), Quebec, and died 27th July 1956 at Putnam Memorial Hospital, Bennington, Vermont.

I understand from a surviving aunt that the children corresponded with their family in England for some time.

I am also lucky enough to have obtained these photos of the girls on admission to Doctor Barnado’s.
Guttentag Keen Kemp Knight Miller Muller Rose Weinberg Weisberg