Author Topic: LAWRENCE - Wooton Basset  (Read 12852 times)

Offline SueC21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LAWRENCE - Wooton Basset
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 August 14 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am Henry Lawrence's granddaughter Sue. I don't have a lot of info about him, a few photos, and I would be interested to know more about him.  Please can you share what you have.

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Regards

Sue

Offline Alexandra195

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 January 16 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello all, I believe Henry Lawrence (about 1849) could be my 3rd Great Grandfather. Hopefully it is the same person from my research, his son Alfred Henry James Lawrence of Wiltshire (1880 - 1957) is my great great grandfather (confirmed) I have found evidence of this Henry being an Innkeeper of the "Cross Keys Inn" In Wiltshire.

Here is an interesting website I found on the pub: http://pubshistory.com/Wiltshire/WoottonBassett/CrossKeysInn.shtml

Mary Scott is my 3rd great aunt and Thomas Scott is her husband, so it's very likely this is the same person.

I have a huge box of old photos belonging to my grandmother. They have no names or labels on and she recently passed so I can't tell who anyone is. If anyone still uses this website and has confirmed photos of Henry, please could you post one so I can identify Henry possibly in these photos? I am happy to share mine too.

If anyone would like any information on Alfred's family then please message me, I'm glad to help.

Offline Alexandra195

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 January 16 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am Henry Lawrence's granddaughter Sue. I don't have a lot of info about him, a few photos, and I would be interested to know more about him.  Please can you share what you have.

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Regards

Sue

Hello, is there any chance you could post these images? I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Offline SueC21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 27 February 16 18:14 GMT (UK) »
I would like you to e mail me but not sure if I am suppose to be adding my address here or if someone from Roots Chat will forward it on to you. I'm hoping the latter is the case.

Online youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 27 February 16 20:24 GMT (UK) »
If you make one more post you will be able to use the personal message [PM] facillity, you can then send your email address securely to the chosen person.

Although I have noticed that several other posters on this thread have not made the requisit amount of posts to send and receive PMs
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline MykieMykie88

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am recently doing a family tree and I have found out that Henry is also my Great Granddad, I was just wondering if it would be possible to send me any of the pictures you have of him? It would be nice to have some around this side of the family and also My Nan would very much like to see her Granddad.

Offline Lawrence_Hunter

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 14 November 20 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am also a descendant of Henry Lawrence 1849 married to Sarah Ann Smith (one descendant of very many!).  Descended through the youngest son of his first marriage (Henry Jnr 1874-1933).  Are you a descendant of his elder brother William Samuel (1872-1937) who married Clara Norris (1873-1955)?  If so, I believe William was in the Dorset regiment (no. 3798), you might want to validate that.  I have a copy of Mary's entry of marriage to Albert Little in 1915. I know Wootton Bassett well as I spent many a holiday visiting my Nana in Bassett which involved many trips to tidy graves in the cemetery and visiting very elderly great aunts and uncles!  I'd love to know more about Mary's diary.

Josie