Author Topic: Memorial Inscription's Caputh Graveyard  (Read 47463 times)

Offline Evelina

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Inscription's Caputh Graveyard
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Alec, Can you give me more information as there are a few Forbes and Rodgers in Caputh.

However I found 2 on the same memorial, this is inside the church, on the North Wall, both died in the great war.  Are those your ones?  Sgt. Major John S Forbes, L.S. and Pte. Drummond K Rogers, R.H.

Cheers Evelina
Porter & Chalmers - Perthshire, Laing - West Fife, Stirrat - Glasgow, Ferguson - Glasgow & Skye, Coulter & Wilson - Northern Ireland, Kean - Glasgow & Northern Ireland. Ferrier - Perthshire. Lawton - Church Lawton, Cheshire.  McClure/McLure - Coatbridge

Offline Evelina

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again Alec, Just had a 2nd look and i have this:-

325     Erected in memory of Donald Forbes, carpenter, Snaigow, who died 27th Oct. 1879 aged 71 years, and his wife Christian Clark, who died 27th Oct. 1883 aged 71 years, also their sons Peter who died 1840 in infancy, and James who died 24th July 1855 aged 19 years, also JOHN STRATTON FORBES, grandson of the above Donald Forbes, and eldest son of David Forbes who died on active military service on 20th Feb. 1917 aged 41 years, Alexander, fourth son of David Forbes who died at Snaigow 30th may 1919 aged 39 years, the above David Forbes, who died at Snaigow 2nd may 1923 aged 78 years, also Charlotte Stratton, wife of above, who died at Snaigow 1st July 1937 aged 85 years.

283     8581 Private D.K. Rogers, the Black Watch, 7th May 1915.

If you want a copy of the map to the cemetary, please send me a PM with your email addy. Evelina
Porter & Chalmers - Perthshire, Laing - West Fife, Stirrat - Glasgow, Ferguson - Glasgow & Skye, Coulter & Wilson - Northern Ireland, Kean - Glasgow & Northern Ireland. Ferrier - Perthshire. Lawton - Church Lawton, Cheshire.  McClure/McLure - Coatbridge

Offline AlecJBriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Evelina

I guess that confirms I am looking in the right the correct cemetery, that memorial will be to the casualties from the area and I would expect to find a family gravestone in the cemetery (not a CWGC stone) otherwise I would have found the CWGC stones.

Thanks for the info I guess I can make a return visit next time I am at our house in Fife.

Kind Regards

Alec

Hi Alec, Can you give me more information as there are a few Forbes and Rodgers in Caputh.

However I found 2 on the same memorial, this is inside the church, on the North Wall, both died in the great war.  Are those your ones?  Sgt. Major John S Forbes, L.S. and Pte. Drummond K Rogers, R.H.

Cheers Evelina

Offline AlecJBriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi again Evelina,

That will teach me to look at all the posts before replying!

These are the two gentlemen in question and are obviously on family stones, I will send a PM if you would be kind enough to send me a map.

Thanks ever so much for your help.

Kind Regards

Alec

Hi again Alec, Just had a 2nd look and i have this:-

325     Erected in memory of Donald Forbes, carpenter, Snaigow, who died 27th Oct. 1879 aged 71 years, and his wife Christian Clark, who died 27th Oct. 1883 aged 71 years, also their sons Peter who died 1840 in infancy, and James who died 24th July 1855 aged 19 years, also JOHN STRATTON FORBES, grandson of the above Donald Forbes, and eldest son of David Forbes who died on active military service on 20th Feb. 1917 aged 41 years, Alexander, fourth son of David Forbes who died at Snaigow 30th may 1919 aged 39 years, the above David Forbes, who died at Snaigow 2nd may 1923 aged 78 years, also Charlotte Stratton, wife of above, who died at Snaigow 1st July 1937 aged 85 years.

283     8581 Private D.K. Rogers, the Black Watch, 7th May 1915.

If you want a copy of the map to the cemetary, please send me a PM with your email addy. Evelina

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Evelina
Would you be so kind and have a look for MacDonald's in caputh

Many thanks
BruceL

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there Evelina

Any sign of Andrew Scott or his wife Janet Scott nee McLesh. Daughters Ann and Christiana Scott

Thanks

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Evelina

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi BruceL/ There are McDonald/MacDonald in Caputh, can you give me a bit more info?

Hi Laurina/No Andrew Scott or Janet or Christina.  One Ann Scott wife of J.D. Allan, is this yours? 

Cheers Evelina

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Evelina
i am looking for Jeannie Syme MacDonald and John MacDonald

many thanks
BruceL

Offline Evelina

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi BruceL, Only John is Mc not Mac in Caputh. John McDonald died 14th Oct 1971 married to Jane McInally.  No Jeannie I am afraid.  Cheers Evelina