Author Topic: M I's - St Peter & St Paul, Aston, Birmingham  (Read 7241 times)

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
M I's - St Peter & St Paul, Aston, Birmingham
« on: Monday 24 March 08 00:32 GMT (UK) »
My Great Grandparents - John and Elizabeth Harper, were, according to my Mother, buried at Aston Parish Church (around the mid 1940's - haven't yet found exact dates of death for both of them).

Having been mooching around the Huminex web site I found a page listing Monumental Inscriptions for St Peter & St Paul.

This showed that a John Harper and Elizabeth Harper were buried there - and also an Alfred John Harper (I know they had a son called Alfred (who died c1922).

At the top of this page it states Fiche number I039 sold by BMSGH.

Does this mean it is only availabe on film as opposed to CD.

Or does any one know if the these records are available at Birmingham Central Library or can suggest where else I may find this information.
Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: M I's - St Peter & St Paul, Aston, Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 March 08 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hell Faye
Yes they available at B'ham library in book form on the 6th. floor.The fiches sold by BMSGH are viewable at any library that has a viewer.Fiches are about postcard size not a film.
hope this helps
Jim
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 March 08 20:59 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Jim

That is most helpful.

I was hoping I may have been able to purchase these records on CD - but not to worry.  Will have to wait until I can get to the Library.

Many thanks

Fay
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline Brummygirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 March 08 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Fay,

I went to Birmingham Library today and had a look at the momumental Inscriptions at St Peter & Paul for you at the Harpers.

I copied exactly what it said in the book..........

First one..............

Section F
Sandstone
In Affectionate rememberance of John Harper. Born 1789, died 12th January 1863 aged 77, from Wick, Caithness
TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE. http://www.ancestorsofbirmingham.com/                                                                                                         PARISH REGISTER TRANSCRIPTIONS FOR ASTON, BIRMINGHAM & COVENTRY. ALSO  GRAVESTONE IMAGES FOR WARSTONE LANE & WITTON CEMETERIES IN BIRMINGHAM & LONDON ROAD CEMETERY IN COVENTRY
Researching - Asbury/Bilson/Davis/Dugmore/Hitchman/Markland/Milner/Morris/Perkins/Ray/Sidwell/Smith/Warden
Census information is Crown Copy Right

Offline Brummygirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 March 08 22:08 BST (UK) »
2nd one
Sandstone
Section F

Sacred to the memory of Wiliam Roberts born......died 1807 aged.....Clerk and Sexton of this parish.
(Bur. Reg. William Roberts 18 Ocotber 1807 aged 27 Clerk of Aston)
Elizabeth Harper (nee Roberts) born 1786, died 17th January 1828 aged 42.
(bur. Reg. Elizabeth Harper 21st January 1827 aged 44 wife of John Harper)

I am presuming that where the.......are that the words were illegible on the tombstone and whoever transcribed this looked at the burial registers for confirmation.
Sorry i can see a mistake i have made here with the dates 1827 and 1828, the library was closing and i was rushing to write it down.
TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE. http://www.ancestorsofbirmingham.com/                                                                                                         PARISH REGISTER TRANSCRIPTIONS FOR ASTON, BIRMINGHAM & COVENTRY. ALSO  GRAVESTONE IMAGES FOR WARSTONE LANE & WITTON CEMETERIES IN BIRMINGHAM & LONDON ROAD CEMETERY IN COVENTRY
Researching - Asbury/Bilson/Davis/Dugmore/Hitchman/Markland/Milner/Morris/Perkins/Ray/Sidwell/Smith/Warden

Offline Brummygirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 March 08 22:15 BST (UK) »
Last one

Section A
In loving memory of Alfred John the dearly beloved son of William and Sarah Harper who fell asleep November 2nd 1903 aged 28 years.
Also Sarah the beloved wife of William Harper who fell asleep June 1st 1913.
Also of William Harper the beloved husband of the above who fell asleep 10th October 1929 age 89 years

It does not sound as if these are the family you were lookinf for, but it could ellimaqte them for you.

Kindest regards
Brummygirl

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 April 08 10:57 BST (UK) »
Brummygirl

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Have only just logged onto the site and read your posts.  Probs with computer.

Thank you very much for your help in looking for burial info on my Harper family.

Unfortunately (as far as I am aware) they do not relate to my ancestors.

I need to do a bit more digging.

Regards

Fay

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 April 08 22:17 BST (UK) »
I was disappointed at the condition of the Churchyard and some of the monuments after I had looked at the MI's in the Birmingham Ro and then gone along. Very sad.

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 April 08 16:05 BST (UK) »

When I get more time I hope to go to Aston Church to have a good look around in the hope I may find my familys graves.

As I child I grew up in Aston and spent many hours wandering around the grounds of Aston Church - not knowing that I would one day start researching my ancestors
and would return many years later.

Fay