Author Topic: Link: Dorset Smugglers  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Dorset Smugglers
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 July 13 19:07 BST (UK) »
I saw this earlier today, Lydart, and could  hear Ricky,  in my memory ,   saying this:

Hi Lydart

Was working okay when I put it on here, otherwise I wouldnt have know about it ;D ;D ;D

ricky

He was one of the best (helping so many people)  and I still miss him - one of my real mates  :'(

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 July 13 20:49 BST (UK) »
Since I have both the names Symes and Gulliver in my extended tree, and some of my immediate family went to Australia courtesy HM King William IV I think it is a near certainty my relatives were involved. I look and what do I find Bournemouth was probably founded by a smuggler; not really a surprise.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 July 13 19:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry if this message popping up surprised you - I have been revisiting and correcting all links to make sure that they are all still working. We have lost a few friends over the years who shared with us the delight of finding some brilliant websites - now the link is fixed for more of us to search for our smugglers :)

Sarah

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk