Author Topic: Moorcock family  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Moorcock

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Moorcock family
« on: Sunday 04 April 04 06:35 BST (UK) »
 :) I am researching Moorcock families in particular from Wokingham & Barkham.
In 1821 Baptism of George Moorcock son of Thomas Moorcock & Harriet Terris or Ferris.
is anyone researching these families ?
My Gt Grandfather John born said he was born Chertsey 1847, but his Birth regd shows it was Egham.
John came to New Zealand in 1874 with his Welsh born wife & eldest child.
However, about 1912, John left his now adult family, & went to Australia, he had 2 further children, either before or after he went to Aus. Given his age & the times, I assume the children were born in N.Z. . John & his wife seemed to be living at different addresses from about 1900, but in the same districts.

Offline tony briggs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Moorcock family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Most interested in your posting of April 4.
I have just started researching my wife's father's family, the Moorcocks, and it appears that the Thomas Moorcock you mention was a brother of my wife's Great-great-grandfather Joseph Moorcock born in Wokingham about 1800.

I would most interesred to hear if your have made any progress with your researches.

Tony briggs

Offline Moorcock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 December 04 01:31 GMT (UK) »
hello Tony,
I may not be able to answer in much depth, until mid January. Christmas, & our summer holidays, even though the weather is more like winter, at this time, are taking over.
At this time, the known Siblings of Thomas Moorcock are; James 1770, Richard 1771, Hanna 1774, William 1776, charlotte 1778, George 1780. Jane 1783, Thomas 1787, Henry 1791, all born Wokingham.
I need to look out all my research, as this is a line that I have not attacked for a while. I do remember the name Joesph in my Chertsey, Surrey research, but I think that that is a bit later than the dates you would be looking at.
Mary Legarth

Offline chasbaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 December 04 17:35 GMT (UK) »
I looked in my beneficiaries index and found one Moorecock, which may be of interest.  He was a creditor.

Index entry:
Moorecock, Edward   [West Shefford]      1643      debtor   Thomas Strowde (w&i)   ADB

The entry from the invenory gives:
Edward Moorecock and Edward Roase of Harne L5
i.e. Strowde owed them a fiver at his death.

Charles
Bazalgette, but mainly not FH information.
Has written a biography of Jean Louis Bazalgette - "Prinny's Taylor"

Offline Moorcock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 May 05 04:29 BST (UK) »
Charles, Thankyou for your reply.

Offline Moorcock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 May 05 04:35 BST (UK) »
It now seems, thanks to Tony, that the Mother of George Moorcock, ( Bap 1821, Barkham ) was Harriet  SERIS not Teris of Feris. Tony looked at the original for me.
She was married to Thomas Moorcock, / Morecock .