Author Topic: Chisholm's of Melvaig also Macrae & Mackenzie  (Read 17504 times)

Offline Magzy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chisholm's of Melvaig also Macrae & Mackenzie
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 August 10 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Laura
I just logged on here after being absent for nearly 2 years and found your reply  :)
I have given your Gran a couple of photo's that i found of your g grand father but will send you then no problem and anyone else that would like them.

I have been absent because of deaths in my own family i am not sure if you knew them Kenny and Sally Watters my mum and dad. My mum Sally died the same day as your grandad Joe and my dad seven weeks later.

I am heading up to gairloch on the 27th and will look in on your Gran as i hear she has just come out of hospital. Which family are you from the girls or David?

If you let me know where to send the photo's to I'll send them post haste.

Great to hear from relations  :)

Magzy x

Offline lolz0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Yes I heard about Kenny and Sally. I was very sorry to hear. I met Kenny a few times when he visited Gairloch and went out on his boat, and think I met Sally one time too. That would make you Margaret Anderson's cousin then. I know Margaret quite well as she is in Gairloch often, although I haven't seen her in a while as I moved to Nottingham a couple of years ago.

I'm heading up to Gairloch this weekend to see everyone. Haven't seen them since Christmas, so very excited.  ;D Gran went back in to hospital on Sunday as she wasn't feeling very well. I think she will be back out soon as she wasn't too bad... the doctor was just a bit concerned about her being on her own as she kept feeling dizzy.

I'm Alison's daughter.  :)

Is there a way of sending private messages on this so I can give you my address?

Thanks for your reply  :)

Laura x

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 August 10 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret,

I have John McGregor and Flora (Nee Chisholm ) at lot 12 Melvaig in 1861 and 1871 (probably there in 1851 but not indicated on form). His parents were Duncan McGregor and Isabella McRae (from death certificate). I believe he is the brother of my Margaret Mcgregor as in 1851 a Duncan Moffat (nephew) is with John & Flora. My Margaret McGregor married James Moffat.

I'd love to make contact with any McGregor researchers with family from the Melvaig/Gairloch/Lochcarron areas. I also wonder if the McRae's from Melvaig are connected to mine from Glengarry (originally Auchtertyre-Alexander 'Alister Donn')

Cheers,

Ann

Offline x_Kassie_x

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 September 10 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret and Laura,

My great grandfather was William Chisholm.  I am Katherine Adamson, grand daughter of Mary Chisholm.  Laura is my second cousin.  I see you have photos of William Chisholm as a POW.  Is there any way I would be able to see them?  Maybe I have some photos you'd be interested in also  :)

Thanks,

Katherine

Offline chrisgjudd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, my name is Christopher Judd I have owned 27 Melvaig for 7 years and will live there until I pop my cloggs. The old 27 is no doubt the ruin in front of my house. My house was built circa 1930. Any info regarding my old neighbours will be gratefully received. By the way what a lovelly place Melvaig is.

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher,

I am distantly related to the Chisholm family who lived at 27 Melvaig and was very interested to read your posting. I will have a search through my info to see what I can find. Where in Melvaig is 27? I have had a look on google earth and can see the outlines of the crofts.

If you would like to contact me at      (*)     I can send some info to you.

Regards,

Ann

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline chrisgjudd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 17:35 GMT (UK) »
hi, good to get a reply so quickly, look i am new to this site and need to post at least 3 posts before i can use the pm (personal message) facility, but you can. So if you send via the pm your email address I have something interesting to send you. 27 now i guess 50 yards from oldy 27.

Offline lolz0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 04 January 13 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Katherine/Margaret,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.  I have just re-started looking at my family history.  Maybe you have some information that may assist me.  Not sure if I will have much to help you with yet.  If you want to e-mail me, my e-mail address is *

From Laura
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Chris007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 August 17 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,my granmother was ina chisholm,daughter of katherine mackenzie & william chisholm and they lived at the house ruins at 27 melvaig,my gran took me there when i was a teenager and we walked inside that ruin....ive been loving reading all of these old posts:)