Author Topic: Phillimore Marriages - LEGGETT  (Read 2345 times)

Offline BoBoBo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Phillimore Marriages - LEGGETT
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 October 17 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,
Thanks for responding, my wife Cindy's family is quite well documented and has been relatively easy to track with less common names such as Theo.
My own family is from North Wales and every lead ends up with a Jones.

I am interested in the Cummins from Catherines era backwards as they are direct ancestors of Cindy.

I do have Theos Marriage details and also a photo and gravestone image.

Searching Peter Ivers during the last few days has given the following info which suggests Peter may have been involved in a convict muster incident 1814. But nothing else has been forthcoming

Best Wishes Mark.

Alias:            Irish Rebel: R           Religion: Catholic       Age on arrival: 26
Marital status:
Calling/trade: Carpet mat maker
Born: 1774        Native place: Carlow
Tried: 1798      Carlow          Sentence: Life     Former convictions:
Ship: Minerva (1800)
Crime:
Description:
Remarks: Carlow delegate of United Irishmen
Spouse:
Died: 
References (See Primary Sources)

Convict indents:         Various
1801 Muster:         N
1806 Muster:         N
1811 Muster:         M
1814 Muster:         N
Whitaker: Unfinished Revolution:         p25 47 180
Researchers
Name: Michael Cummins
Email Address: mcummins@xtra.co.nz

Offline BoBoBo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 October 17 11:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish,
I did come across that site last night and initially found the microfiche version of the church baptism and marriage records, 10 minutes later i gave up trying to read the hand writing and Latin, however a while later I found the transcribed version and physically wrote down all references to the name Iver's on a mud map for future searching.

Also found these statements which I am Googling to find more.

"Ivers was born in Tinryland, County Carlow, the only son of Jemmy Ivers".

"Letters from Jimmy Ivers, Carlow to his son Peter in Dublin in 1798 may be read in Dublin Castle".

"There is also a letter to Matthew Kelly. Miss Annie Cummins, Castletown stated 5 June, 1949 that her father's mother's name was Ivers, a native of Tinryland. The family lived in the road as you go from Carlow to Tinryland. There were three families of them, John, Charlie and Joe. They lived and owned the land from Moore's, Tinryland to Darcy's. The Ivers were masons and great tradesmen. Including Joe, an uncle of Miss Cummins' father, they built the spire of St. Mary's Church. Many of them went to U.S.A.; one of them had a son a priest, Rev. Dr. Ivers; who was home in Fr. John Cullen's time; Dick McDarby had all the papers belonging to him. He was a second cousin of Miss Cummins. Dick's mother was Mary Ivers".

Regards, Mark.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 October 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,
Will get back to you tomorrow.

Michael Cummins, my Cousin, passed away in 2015.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)