Author Topic: CREARY, Westmoreland  (Read 25024 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: CREARY, Westmoreland
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,
 I can see the marriage for Hannah and it does state her dad is Joseph Creary and Williams is William Rawcliff ,but for the life of me I cant pin them down exactly to their births,free bmd has marriage as Rockcliff
I was at a talk the other night on Ulverston canal which did help me research further especialy on the shipping side,
Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Can any one find William and Hannah in 1841 census,please I cant ,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:36 GMT (UK) »
William Rockcliff buried 28Th of January 1810 ,aged 68,St Cuthberts Aldingham,

William Rawcliff and Elizabeth had Mally baptised Aldingham St Cuthberts,30th of March 1782,abode Baycliff

William Rockcliff and Deborah had Deborah baptism 12 Th of Jan 1812,St Cuthberts
and
Elizabeth 13 th of June 1813,

If it doesn't pour down tomorrow I might have a quick visit to St Cuthberts it over looks the estuary,

Offline arcwest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:40 GMT (UK) »
www.mightyseas.co.uk is a good site for furness shipping
I'll see what extra info is on the certs when they arrive I haven't found Wm and Hannah in 1841 either .Wm may have been at sea Hannah with her parents/parents in law ???
William's parents may be william rawcliff and Deborah Fisher married 1805
thanks

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Don't worry, I just need to find one more clue and then it will all fit together,I never give up.I do have a couple of Josephs in mind,but not a Hannah,That is a good possibility for Williams parents even though I haven't found his baptism.
Gillian,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 12:05 GMT (UK) »
William and Deborah's other children under Ratcliff,

all baptised St Cuthberts Aldingham,

abode Baycliff,

occupation labourer,

Margaret 27 Th of August 1815,

John 15 Th of December 1816,

Robert 15 Th of March 1818,

Dinah 7 Th of March 1820,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at this census return for 1841 and let me know what you think,

Sunderland Terrace Ulverston,HO107/531/12

Deborah Ratcliff aged 55,

Hannah,25

Ann,30

Dinah,20

William,11

Elizabeth,8,

Deborah 16 months,

all born in county,Sunderland Terrace is at the head of the canal,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 15:47 GMT (UK) »
I am just back from St Cuthberts, Aldingham.sorry there are no monumental inscriptions for Rowcliif and variants or Creary,

Offline arcwest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,thanks for looking
I have ordered a birth cert for Henry so may find where Hannah was in 1841
Henry born 20/11/1841 and christened  2/1/1842 ulverston
Hannah was born 23/1/1849 and christened 11/2/1849 in ulverston(St Mary's) I can't find joseph in1851  aged 7ish as his mum would have just died and he was probobly being looked after by relatives
I found  a william rawcliff son of william born 15/11/1807 christened ulverston 3/1/1808 .     need to check records and a henry christened 30/8/1806 and an ann christened dec 1809 born 18/11/09 with father william....... a william rawcliff m deborah fisher ulverston 4/6/1805   
That would probobly confirm henry and Jane's( nee seattle ) son william seattle rawcliff on board  the Richard Roper H & J married 1/8/1829 ulv st mary's as william's nephew(christened 1/1/ 1830)!rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr