Author Topic: CREARY, Westmoreland  (Read 24911 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: CREARY, Westmoreland
« Reply #54 on: Friday 18 February 11 20:09 GMT (UK) »
The hiring fairs were in Ulverston,

whos marriage are you searching for,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline arcwest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 18 February 11 20:38 GMT (UK) »
capt william rawcliff's grandparents ? william and elizabeth Rawcliff/rowcliff/ratcliff of baycliff
  also still looking for mariner joseph creary,(Hannah's father )

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 18 February 11 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am still looking for Hannah's baptism ,but as yet I have had no joy.
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Nick Reese

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 28 November 16 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone an interest in the surname of CREARY,
Joseph born Addington 1822, wife named Jessie/Janet, no marriage found to date therefore no maiden name, lived from 1851 in Kendal

regards
Louisa Maud

Yes! The Joseph Creary you refer to is my great great great grandfather. His son, Alexander Morton Creary (b. 20 JAN 1857 • Kendall Westmorland England ) migrated to Australia in 1878 (Name CREARY   Alexander   Age 21   Ship Erato   Year 1878   Arriving Sydney ) - thanks Gramps!! :-) - he then married Margaret Fotheringham had a pile of children in Australia - one of those, Joseph Creary - b. 1883 - was my great grandfather - who then had Roy Joseph Creary, my grandfather. Nearly all the Crearys on the east coast of Australia are descended from that one migration by Alexander Morton Creary and are therefore all directly related to Joseph Creary who was married to Jenett Low - Marriage 10 MAY 1845 • Ulverston Parish church, Lancashire