Author Topic: MI look up or photos Flamborough  (Read 1177 times)

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
MI look up or photos Flamborough
« on: Monday 07 April 08 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am putting together information on the Galway Lass that was lost of Flamborough Oct 14 1875. All 8 were from Newhaven and washed up and buried at Flamborough Church. Is there anyone who feels like a wander  through the graves and let me know the MIs or better take a photo? Names are
George , George Edward and Isaac William  Grimsey (father +2 sons-I believe this to beone grave) Wm Hart, Nelson Tasker, Alfred Penn, Edmund Earle, and Killick ?  Stevens. I can be contacted on infoATnewhavenmuseumDOTcoDOTuk  - replace AT & DOT with the usual. Thanks Pete
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MI look up or photos Flamborough
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 April 08 17:17 BST (UK) »
Just to link posts so no one looks up these guys again....

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic/297303.new.html#new

Grrr link doesn't seem to work...Help....?

The other post is on the Sussex look up request board, called 1871 look up please
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 April 08 19:20 BST (UK) »
I have just found some reports of the funeral and the 3 Grimseys are in one grave and the other 5 in one next to it.Pete
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline Holderness Ward

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 October 16 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I realise this is a very old post, but I have a copy of a poem written about the sinking of the Galway lass if anyone is still interested. I also beaut Bridlington on occasion and would be able to photograph said graves if I can find them and info is still required.
Thanks,
Simon

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 October 16 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your offer but I have moved out of the area and no longer involved.