Author Topic: FARRELL  (Read 2221 times)

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
FARRELL
« on: Saturday 15 January 05 13:06 GMT (UK) »
hi
would love to hear from anyone researching the Farrells from the areas below..... or any connections

camberwell
forest gate
newington
southwark
st georges boro
leytonstone
bermondsey

and a Michael Farrell son born in Lambeth - so am looking at that area for him - but do realise the Farrell name comes from Ireland - so perhaps he is my irish connection????
hope to hear from anyone
best wishes
Maz

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: farrell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 April 05 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Maz,certainly Irish,trawled up in line with my Family name,not happy,see the Dungarven Monument site,Waterford.One Matt Farrell executed,with others, for his part in the 1798 uprising.
Hope your future findings are happier!
               Goggy.

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: farrell
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 05 16:36 BST (UK) »
hi goggy
thanks for that info - who knows what our relatives got up to eh!!! i will look at the site with great interest.
heres to some happier findings :D
thanks again
all the best
marian

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: FARRELL
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 03:18 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Marian,

I thought, as you are interested in the name Farrell, I'd better put you in the picture regarding a search Mary Lennon and I are doing. We are assisting a member of Belfast Forum look for parents of Arthur Acheson Farrell, A.C.A., born in 1892 in either Belfast or Co. Armagh. He died in 1982. We think he died in Northern Ireland. That's practically all the info we have although we know the names of his wife's parents. Margaret, Arthur's wife was also born in 1898. We don't know where or when Arthur and Margaret married other than it was in Northern Ireland. Mary was kind enough to look in her street directories to see where Arthur lived and what he did for a living as we need as many clues as possible if we want to find his parents ... if we manage to achieve this with so little information at this stage on which to work we may well be able to get further back in time.   

I haven't looked on the other board's to see if you've given any dates for your Farrells. In many instances Irish families travelled between England and Ireland on a fairly regular basis as some members may have emigrated to Britain whilst close relatives remained in Ireland. 

Chris

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chris
Thanks for contacting me - since my last post on here Ive found out the following info on my Michael Farrell - and still hunting.

Michael Farrell
baptism = 14 Oct 1780/1790 Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
marriage = 13 Sep 1819 st Dunstans Stepney London to Ann Holeday/Halyday/holiday
death =  6 May 1844 15 Grotto Place, Newington
Ann was born in Ireland (no place at mo) Abt 1795
I have Michael's parents being Edmund and Ellen Farrell (nee Horgan) - (no places at mo)

Thats all I can offer at the moment on my Irish side, but would love to stay in touch.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Bye for now
Marian

Offline Dorothy Farrell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 00:32 BST (UK) »
hello, my grandad Arthur was i believe born in 1900 and his wife Margaret likewise. Margaret died in 1945 and Arthur 1983. They had 3 sons, John  1926-2009. Michael 1929-2000, and Terry 1931-2011.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 00:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Dorothy.

This thread was started about 10 years ago, and Maz hasn't been on rootschat for a couple of years, but presumably she is still interested in Farrells, and should get a notification of your reply.

You might like to add some places of birth for your family as it seems like Maz's interest lies in the families living in the greater London area.

I hope you find a connection.