Author Topic: Butti family 1796  (Read 39309 times)

skeldale

Re: Butti family 1796
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 May 08 15:07 BST (UK) »
hi Caraid

I am descended from George Butti and Eliza Home - how do you know they were siblings? - what is the proof- would like to know what you found.

Eliza married twice - George was second husband - they narried in Liverpool 1865.

Her first marriage was to a Robert Bach in Edinbugh 1857 - they had a son also called Robert born 1858.

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 May 08 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Skeldale
I have George Butti & Elizabeth Home married in Liverpool and her 1st husband Robert Bach. Children were George Arbunthot Butti born 1862, Liverpool, Elizabeth 1865 Liverpool, Hugh Home 1869 Glasgow,  Louis Joseph 1873 Glasgow, James 1875 Glasgow.
George Butti Hung himself 5th June 1896 in Glasgow. DC signed by son George who was living in Kirkintilloch
Eliza Home, widow of 1st Edward Bach 2nd George Butti died 25th July 1896 of Pneumonia signed by George Butti Son. Parents were George Home, solicitor dec. & Margaret Home MS Cameron dec.

Elizabeth Butti(sister of George Butti) married Hugh Home (brother of Eliza Home) in 1856 in Edinburgh. His parents on MC were George Home(clerk in chancery office) dec and Jane Cameron Children were John 1858, Louis 1859, George 1860, Phanuel 1862, Archibald 1864, Cameron 1867, Peter 1870, Elizabeth, 1872, Georgina 1874 All children born Edinburgh.
Elizabeth Home died 19th July 1881 in Edinburgh, Hugh Home widower signed DC
Hugh Home (clerk in chancery) died 24th Jan 1888, parent were George Home (clerk in chancery) and Ann Home MS Cameron. J Butti brother in law signed DC

Robert E Bach (1858) was living with Hugh Home & Elizabeth in 1881 at 10 Bakers Place Edinburgh. He was their Nephew and an Apprentice House Painter and Limited Pensioner 91 St Regt
Hope this is of some help and if you need more just ask
Fiona

buttifamily

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 May 08 22:50 BST (UK) »
Caraid

This me Skeldale - had some registration problem hemce the change of username.

I agree with all you have. Can you tell me more please?
When George hung himself is it on the DC? - or how did you find it?

Incidentally - Eliza's first husband was Robert Bach not Edward and George's wife was Ann Cameron not Margaret.
What other Butti info can you mention?

thanks for all the onfo so far

regards

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 May 08 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
According to George's DC his cause of death was Hanging, sudden. On the register of Corrected entries, for the District of Kelvin, Burgh of Glasgow
George Butti, male 58yrs, Housepainter, Married. Died 5th June 1896 in his house 579 Garscube Road, Glasgow. Hanging, Suicidal, certified by D Cowie MD?, Glasgow.

I know Eliza's first husband was Robert Bach, but it had Edward Bach as 1st Husband on her DC(obviously someone got confused)
Georges wife's different names also came of certificates, Eliza's death has Margaret Cameron, and when Hugh Home wed he has his mother as Jane & when Hugh died its Ann, but there is no doubt in my mind that Hugh and Eliza were brother & sister.

A brief outline of what I have on the Family
Louis Joseph Butti (parents unknown on hid DC) married Elizabeth Mitchell
Children
James Alexander Butti(I have his DC and a copy of his will0
Elizabeth Butti (MC & DC)
George Butti (DC & RCE)
Peter Louis Butti ( Catholic Priest) I have his DC and if you google Blairs College, Maryculter, Aberdeen there is a picture of him. Its where he spent his last days.
I have other small snippets of info from the Scotsman archive about Louis Joseph Butti, James Alexander Butti & Monsignor Peter L Butti

Fiona

buttifamily

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 May 08 16:31 BST (UK) »
hi Caraid

Pretty much same info that I have found.

Any old photos of any one? Hugh and Eliza were brither and sister.

Where did George live in Kirkintilloch - the one who notified on DC?

THANKS

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 May 08 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry no photo's
On George Butti DC in 1896 Son George's address was Effel Terrace, Kirkintilloch. Son George Died 27th March 1909 in Craiglockart Poorhouse in Edinburgh. He was Single and a Painter. Looks like he had TB. The Assistant Govener signed the DC. The only other family I traced was Hugh Home Butti born 1868 in Edinburgh & died 1869 in Glasgow. George Butti & Eliza Home are transcribed on the 1881 census disks (LDS) as BUTH @ 20 India Place Edinburgh & on the 1891 Census (SP) as BEATTIE @ 15 Church Place in Glasgow.

Fiona

buttifamily

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 May 08 18:06 BST (UK) »
thanks Fiona

Where do you fit in - which people are you linked too?

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 May 08 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi again
I'm actually linked to the Mitchell side, the Elizabeth Mitchell (my 3rd G Grandaunt) who married Louis Joseph Butti ( she was the widow of John Nolli). When I came across the Butti's, the name was just a wee bit unusual for Scotland and I decided research needed to be done.
Elizabeth had a sister, Isabella who married, 1st Fortune Leonardi and after he died she wed Antony Lazzaroni, so they had a penchant for Italians LOL

Fiona

buttifamily

« Reply #17 on: Friday 09 May 08 08:32 BST (UK) »
F