Author Topic: Butti family 1796  (Read 39377 times)

melness

Re: Butti family 1796
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 18 October 08 14:31 BST (UK) »
Josie

Forgot to ask do you have info on the 4 children had by Eliza and George? - dates marruages deaths etc

Offline jc.bloxsidge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 October 08 15:30 BST (UK) »
Do not have a photograph of the Buttis except my grandmother and I think her sister.  There is a portrait of Louis Butti somewhere.

Children were
Louis Joseph 26/2/1873 Glasgow
George Arhuthnot b c1862 d. 27/3/1909 in the Poorhouse in Craiglockhrt  Single
James bc. 1875
Hugh Home b c1868  d.1869

There was a Louis Butti at the Wellington Reformatory Farm School in 1891 who may be the Louis above.
Did not lollow further but I hope that this helps

melness

« Reply #29 on: Saturday 18 October 08 15:39 BST (UK) »
HI

There was also a daughter Eliza born Liverpool 1864 see free BMD

The two brothers were at the reform school I remember seeimng something about that.

I wonder where the picture of Louis is? Also a James Alexander Butti was killed in First world war -1918 I think

Eliza and George who both died in 1896 are buried in Sighthill cemetery , Glasgow. I havent been able to track down the children's marriages or deaths.

There are mentions of the Butti family in the Scotsman newspaper. Mostly to do with trade. I think the young boys who ended up in the reformatory school were caught doing something illegal.

Andy

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 October 08 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Josie
Don't know where in Italy the Butti family came but I can tell you that Elizabeth Mitchell, who was 1st married to John Nollie, then married Louis (Lewis) Butti was born c1805 in Edinburgh. Her parents were John Mitchell (tinsmith) who died between 1851-1855, and Agnes Wilson, who died 12.2.1855.
 John Mitchell was my 4th G Grandfather.
In 1841 Louis Butti was listed as an Optician, then in 1851 he was down as a Carver & Gilder.
Hugh Home signed both Louise & Elizabeth's DC

Fiona

Offline jc.bloxsidge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 18 October 08 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi fiona

Nice to hear from you.  Thank you very much for the information.  I shall check my information in the morning and amend where necessary.

Josie

Offline jc.bloxsidge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 24 October 08 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicola
Saw that you were researching the Butti Family and I should be interested in finding out if you have found Alexamder's parents in Italy as I am his great grandaughter.  I went to Italy with my husband a couple of years ago but the Santa Maria we visited was the wrong one.  I informed some other people about Louis and know a little about Joseph and Vincent.
Should be pleased to hear from you
Josie

Offline jc.bloxsidge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicola

I thought that I would have one last try, in case you did not receive my last 2 emails, to see if you had information about Alexander Butti and Joseph that I do not have.  I expect by now, you have seen the information concerning Louis which I had and which you were looking to find.  If I do not hear I shall assume that I have more information concerning the family than you have.  Family bible entries are very useful.

Josie

Offline Karolee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 30 January 09 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicola,

Have just joined and noticed your posts on the Butti family.  My gr gr grandad Francis Augustin Durk's 1st marriage was to Maria Butti in Somerset and as far as I can tell she is the daughter of Joseph Butti.  Do you have any info on this?  Was his full name Amantius Joseph?

Although we are directly related to his 2nd wife and not Maria, there has always been a story that my gr gr grandmother was spanish (we are all dark and look slightly spanish) and I think this may be the root of the story and has got mixed up??!!  :)  Doesn't explain our slight "foreign" looks and i'll have to dig deeper into the Durks for that I guess, but still very interested in the connection to the Butti's.

many thanks
Karolee
Durk, O'Connor (Birmingham, Warwickshire, Ireland, Somerset) Lines, Skittles (Slough, Windsor,Hambleden in Oxfordshire, Chesham, Watlington) Taylor (Egham)

Offline jc.bloxsidge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 03 February 09 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karolee
Your rquest for the Butti information also came to me.  I am the great great grandaughter of Alexander Butti who may be the brother of Joseph.  I have been told that 3 brothers came over from Italy but to prove the connection we need information about the parents.  The Italians will not answer letters or messages on telephones.  Alexander was born in Santa Maria 2/8/1800 near Como.  We have visited one Santa Maria on the Lake but it was the wrong one. There ia another one which we have not visited yet.  Anyway, you probably have the following but thought that I would send it anyway,

Joseph Butti born about 1803 in Foreign parts and ?died dec. 1842 in Taunton. If you want to get the certificate you need to add vol.10 P.326
He married Maria Shattock in Taunton 19/10/20(29) who was born 1806/7 in Taunton and died in Sept. quarter 1886 Taunton vol5c P. 229 if you want cert.
Children:- Josephine bc.1832/3 Somerset and married someone called Kennedy
                Ann bc.1833/4/5 in Taunton  1891 was Lay sister
                Thomas bc.1842 in Taunton
                Serena bc. 1838 Somerset
                Theresa bc 1839  (?June quarter 1838 Taunton Vol 10 P.435)
                Maria bc.1831 Taunton
                Elizabeth aka Eliza bc.1836/7 in Taunton   ? died June quarter 1889 Taunton   
                                                                                      vol. 5c  P.229
They lived 1841 St James Somerset and 186171 St. Mary Magdalen Somerset

Hope this helps  Josie