Author Topic: Surname Broll/Brawl/Broal Wigtownshire  (Read 17339 times)

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Broll/Brawl/Broal Wigtownshire
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 March 09 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cogan83

Thought you might like to see a photo of Frances Anne Hall daughter of Andrew Hall and Sarah Broll b 22/4/1824 Inch Wigtownshire. She was a niece to your John and Mary McMeckan and therefore your 1st cousin 5 times removed and my 3g grandmother.

I have photos of some of Frances's children and grandchildren and also her husband

I'll remove this once you have seen it so that it is not taking up space on the board.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline tonderghiebob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 April 09 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Terry, I have a very strong link to your Brolls. my GGreatgrandmother was Jane McCulloch Brolls 1891, daughter of Jane Brolls 1869, and she was the the daughter of John Brolls 1831, and he is the son of John Brolls 1804 and Mary McMicking.

Jane McCulloch married a John Ambrose in 1912 in Whithorn.

I will include my email address if you want to contact me

(*)

I was born in the Isle of Whithorn  Wigtownshire Scotland and now live in Sunderland.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 April 09 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi t'bob

I did see your message last night just as I was shutting down. Luckily I noted your email address as I guessed the mods would remove it. I will try and get time to email you later this evening, if not I'll definately get one off to you tomorrow.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Offline cathy1959

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hiya my mum came across your message today while looking up her name which is Catherine brawls. she noticed that you were looking for a Sarah broll born about 1795 in leswalt. she married Andrew hall. the john broll you are looking for is her brother which is my mums 4th great granddad. you might already have all your information as it was some time ago but my came across this today and she has her family tree.

Offline Neil Montgomerie-Crowe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 October 17 05:11 BST (UK) »
Looking for a Margaret Broll, Brole, Brodlie, Brodley. She married John Montgomery John Montgomary at Leswalt 10 May 1798 under Margaret Brodley. Went on to have children: William 1799, Robert 1802, James 1803, John 1805, Hugh 1807, Rosina 1811. Baptisms have her name as Margaret Brole then Briadly etc etc.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks Neil

Offline makentrax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 November 17 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Terry,

My name is Sharyn and I am the great, great granddaughter of John Broll and Jane Mcculloch. My grand mother was Agnes Helen Broll daughter of James Broll and Margaret Potts.
I live in Australia and I am trying to find details on my aunt Lilian Isabel Broll, younger sister to Agnes. Could you please give me some hints where to look. I have been on Scotlands People gaining information and birth certificate on my grand mother but I cannot find anything of Lilian except one census when she was 3.
I would appreciate any information you could give me and if there is anything you wish to know about Agnes, Jack (John) and Lilian Broll in Perth Western Australia, Australia please don't hesitate to ask.
kind regards
Sharyn

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharyn,

Lillie Isabella Broll(s) was born 26/3/1893, Sorbie, Wigtown. Father James Brolls, mother Margaret Potts. I can send you a copy of the birth cert if you want. PM me with your email address and I'll get it off to you.

Hope this helps.  :)

Best Wishes

Terry