Author Topic: British Columbia - B.C. - Resources  (Read 37697 times)

Offline jfremont

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: British Columbia - B.C. - Resources
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 September 12 00:40 BST (UK) »
B.C. Archives have launched a new site that have the BMD indexes and scans of the microfilmed original records.... http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/BasicSearch

This is a cooperative effort with Familysearch. The search parameters have been increased from the old index site. The scanned records only seem to cover the earlier marriages at present with about 900,000 images loaded so far and it is a work in progress. The site is still experiencing some bugs and tends to be slow sometimes.

John

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 September 12 01:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for making us aware of this resource.

I just checked for my aunt's death registration in June 1985 and the image was there.

What a wonderful addition.

Susan

Offline mclachlan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 October 12 07:40 BST (UK) »
Was just going to add a post about this myself!  After just having ordered and paid for a Death Certificate through another site,  I found this BC Museum site with certificates free!  Have found four relatives in the last hour...so excited!  Now hoping the other site will give me a refund!!
McLachlan, Glasgow, Martin, Menzies

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Fernie Heritage Cemetery & St Margarets Cemetery.

Likely resting place of miners working at Coal Creek. The search facility within the site itself doesn't seem to be working at the moment but the PDF of internees is also searchable.

http://www.fernieheritagecemetery.com/
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Grga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 July 15 21:02 BST (UK) »
B.C. Archives have launched a new site that have the BMD indexes and scans of the microfilmed original records.... http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/BasicSearch

One thing I've noticed on the BC Archives site: pay attention to the handwritten notes on the certificates. Even though the site only lists births, deaths, and marriages (not divorces), in two cases, I have found handwritten notes on marriage certificates saying, "Marriage dissolved in [place] on [date]." Also, one death certificate had a handwritten annotation correcting the place of birth and place of last residence.

Greg
Carmichael, French, Goodes, McMillan, Slade, Waddell, Welch, West