Author Topic: White family Rivenhall  (Read 3594 times)

Offline chrissiepoos

• RootsChat Member
  • Born in England, but now an Aussie
    • View Profile
White family Rivenhall
« on: Tuesday 22 April 08 12:47 BST (UK) »
I was just wondering if anyone is tracing the White family from Rivenhall, My Mums family line goes back to Uriah shelley, other names are George Shelley and Peter Stokes Shelley, Look forward to hearing from any family members.
Christine.
Pallants from Aldeburgh Suffolk
Earles from Cornwall
Seldons from Cornwall
Hammonds from Cambridge
Turners from Chertsey

Offline Shelley123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: White family Rivenhall
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 September 08 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine

My name is Shelley Humphries.  I was named after my family surname of Shelley and I have traced my family back to its roots in Rivenhall.  I do hope you don't mind me dropping you a line. 

I am trying to establish whether my Great Grandfather (Ernest Shelley b. 1862), who had a brother called George b.1852 (buried in Rivenhall Churchyard) and who were the sons of George Shelley (b. 1819) are related to Uriah Shelley(b. 1814) and his branch of the Shelley family.

Unfortunately George Senior is as far as I have got.  I cannot find his father but I do believe there was one other brother called William Shelley, who was a few years his elder.  They are certainly both living in Little Totham together at the time of the 1841 Census.  Talk about confused.com!

To make matters even more confusing I have now established the Uriah Senior (b.1814) line and I wonder if he was an older brother of George and William (I note that one of Uriah's own children, Golding, also had a son called George Shelley, born in 1876).  All of the George line seemed to live in 'End Way' in Rivenhall and I believe Uriah Shelley lived round the corner in Witham Road.  It seems too much of a coincidence to me that two families of the same names are living in this small village at the same time and are completely unconnected.  However, I believe the key lies in George's parentage and I have been unable to get back any further than 1819.

It would be great to hitch up online and share notes!

Best

Shelley

Offline chrissiepoos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 September 08 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I will get back to you very soon, as i will sort out the family tree,bye for now christine
Earles from Cornwall
Seldons from Cornwall
Hammonds from Cambridge
Turners from Chertsey

Offline Shelley123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 September 08 10:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you Christine.  I actually had some luck yesterday afternoon and have established a link back to Uriah Shelley b. 1730.  Its seems as if people have generally hit a wall here and cannot trace the line any further back!  Would be interested to hear from you with your findings though.

Best wishes

Shelley

Offline chrissiepoos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 September 08 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi if you can send me your email by a personal email I will email you 7 pages of my family line, I only go back as far as you, I have Uriahs wife name Ann Pilley and her parents names john and Ann Tomson,
Earles from Cornwall
Seldons from Cornwall
Hammonds from Cambridge
Turners from Chertsey

Offline Shelley123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 September 08 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

My personal email address is (*) , it would be great to see your research!  I have just discovered a cousin in Perth I never knew existed until about half a hour ago!

Best wishes

Shelley

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Richard Shelley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 31 July 17 22:54 BST (UK) »
To those of interest - I am a descendant of Uriah Shelley and Ann Pilley. (7th grandchild). I have shaky info tracing that line back to c1611 to a Richard Shelley born in Bulmer, Essex.

Regards
Richard

Offline Rob Burry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 February 18 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My name is Rob Burry and I'm a direct descendant of George Shelley b1819 Rivenhall. My great great grandfather was Uriah b1840, my great grandfather was Luther Arthur Shelley b1869, my grandfather was Frederick William b 1900 and my mother is [Edit] b1924 (still alive).
I've only just joined this site today as I was searching End Way, Rivenhall and I saw this forum.
I know this chat is old but hopefully I can connect with a few people on the Shelley side of my family.
I've lots of info to share also as I have a family tree on Ancestry , which has been going abt 10 years.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers Rob

Offline chrissiepoos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 February 18 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I will try and get back in touch in a few weeks time.
Earles from Cornwall
Seldons from Cornwall
Hammonds from Cambridge
Turners from Chertsey