Author Topic: In search of the Evans family (Ieuan Glan Geirionydd)  (Read 6680 times)

Offline eapiwan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: In search of the Evans family (Ieuan Glan Geirionydd)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi. I'm Edward.
I'm looking for information from Dorothy Roberts, sister of William John Roberts "Gwilym Cowlyd", daughter of John Roberts and Catherine Evans. Family that has already explained very well the user Haydn (DraigGoch).

Does anyone know if Dorothy got married? what was her destiny?

If anybody out there has any information on this person, I would be most greatfull.

Thanks in advance
Edward.

Offline Bronhaul

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 October 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching my family history Elizabeth Roberts sister to William John Roberts of Tyddyn William Trefriw was my great great great grandmother. She married John Finlay Hughes on 12 March 1841 at Llanrychwyn. They moved to live at Llandrillo yn Rhos.

Offline PopNorth22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 October 18 23:44 BST (UK) »
Dear Haydn,
I found a record of Evan Evans Marriage.  It took place in Christleton on 5 May 1829, when I think Sarah was 41, having been born in 1788.  She died in Ince, where EE was Curate, in 1847.  He's listed among the Vicars of Ince from 1843 to 1852.  So they couldn't have had a child in 1817, as Cory thought.
Cheers, Valerie
Blyth, Burman, Cullen, Darnton, Groom, Hannah, Haynes, Little, Mort, Potts, Ramsay, Russell, Warnes,

Offline alihug

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 January 21 21:24 GMT (UK) »
This post is very old, I hope you are still out there. A while ago I found information that a great-great-grandfather of mine was a descendant of William John Roberts "Gwylim Cowlyd". But the account is not very clear to me, since to be his grandfather I would have been very young. Gwylim Cowlyd was born in 1828 and my great-great-grandfather in about 1857/1860.
Do you have any information on Gwylim's children?