Author Topic: The lodge Brymbo  (Read 15381 times)

Offline e3gsr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The lodge Brymbo
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 May 08 08:22 BST (UK) »
okey cokey  ;D

Offline Laini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hello

There are a couple of local books with pictures of Lodge in them.

Wrexham Villages (a coll of pictures vol 1-west) by russell H Jones ISBN 1 872424 18 x

and
Brymbo Steel works (a coll of pictures) by Ioan D Jones ISBN 872424 18 9

I do have the books (bought from Waterstones wxm and AN palmer centre)) but not sure if its legal to upload them from books. If someone out there can tell me that its ok I can do that for you,

Elaine
Bunn- Wrexham & Peldon, Essex: Jones: Glasspoole: Edwards: Williamson-Southampton: Sowell- Essex

Offline maidmarion

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Another Brymbo book (and not just about trains!) is The Golden Age Of Brymbo Steam by Geoff and Hugh Charles. Excellent reading , local history, photos maps etc.

My Evans family lived in the Lodge and Brymbo area, moving from Coedpoeth around 1890ish.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 05 October 08 16:41 BST (UK) »
Having just read all the chat about The Lodge, I remember visiting an aunt & uncle there when I was young & we used to park the car on the road, at the bottom of the drive & then walk up a steep drive to the houses.   Their names were Annie & Sam Edwards, I beleive.   My grandmother Rosina was Annie's sister, however Rosina died before I was born so I never saw her. Their maiden name was Davies & Rosina m Richard Louis Griffiths from Gwersyllt.    Anyone remember the houses, are they still there?  Anyone remember the family?  They had 3 children I beleive Percy, Gwen & Phyllis.   Anyone with a photo of the row of houses?   Just wondering! Amberley
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline hilwill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 October 11 11:00 BST (UK) »
I have just come across this link while research a friend's family who lived in Brymbo.  Her Great Grandfather was Edward Davies who in 1911 was living with his daughter and son-in-law (Samuel and Annie Edwards) at 13 Kent Road, Lodge and I was wondering if Amberely ever came across any old photos?  I guess the area must be pretty much re-developed by now . . .

I am new to Roots chat but come across it so often in different research decided to take the plunge . . . .

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 06 October 11 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, glad to hear from you.
Edward Davies must have been my gt grandfather too, if Annie was his daughter because my grandmother Rosina was Annie's sister.   I do have at least one photo I beleive of Annie & Samuel Edwards, who I called Auntie Annie & Uncle Sam. 
Rosina & her husband Richard Louis Griffiths were my grandparents, but both had died before I was born, & I knew very little about them.
I'd be really interested in hearing what you've found out about the Davies family & who the family are that you have been doing the research for.
I'll send a personal reply to you with my email address & maybe we can correspond off line from now on?
Thanks so much, Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline Pamela7762

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 04 November 16 22:57 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested in learning more about my Welsh family. The family name is Phennah. I'd love to hear from you! Here is a picture of my Great-grandmother Phennah at Lodge Brymbo, Wales.

Pamela Oakes Goff

Offline Laini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 31 March 17 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you tried a facebook page 'old photos of wrexham' there's loads on there from Wxm and surrounding villages.

Elaine
Bunn- Wrexham & Peldon, Essex: Jones: Glasspoole: Edwards: Williamson-Southampton: Sowell- Essex

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 31 March 17 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine, I don't do facebook I'm afraid.    Have enough on the go without adding that to my list, but thanks for letting me know.    Is there any other way one can view the photos without going through facebook???
Amberly