Author Topic: SIVES - East Lothian - 1650/1890  (Read 29317 times)

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SIVES - East Lothian - 1650/1890
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 November 08 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevin

A Scottish & British Welcome to Rootschat no2  ;D

Good to see another posting on Rootschat for the Sives family from a Sives, with so much info 8)thanks,unfortunately can make no connection at the moment..

I have Sives info from East Lothian which after checking includes very few Archibalds.I will list what there is...

1.James Sivess and Mary Congalton had a son Archilbald Sivess b 8 Nov 1812 Prestonkirk,most possible parents for your Archilbald,if birth was registered in East Lothian.
2.Charles Sives and Susan Campbell had a son Archibald 18 Jan 1813 Dirleton,possible
3.John Sives and Helen Gourlay had a son Archibald b13 Sep 1791 Dirleton,not possible.

that is it no more Archibalds and no Frederick or Frederick Archilbald Sives listed for East Lothian.

Hope above has been helpful

must mention your website which was a big help to me :D

Fiona

Offline KSives

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fiona.  Thank you so much for the information.  The census records I've viewed for Archibald list his place of birth as Prestonkirk, so more than likely the James & Mary you list are indeed his parents. 

Here in America, Sives is a fairly rare last name - as a matter of fact, every Sives that I've ever spoken with on the Internet descends from Archibald's son James Arthur Sives, who emigrated around 1870, settling in Pennsylvania, raising a family, and eventually winding up in California (with a new wife), where he died in 1918.

Thank you again.

Kevin

Offline neil raymond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SIVES - East Lothian 1700 1930
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 May 09 14:15 BST (UK) »
hi my name is Neil R W Sives one of 4 sons to John Sives born in 1908 ( Dads) family are from spott Dundar East Lothian his father was William Sives & Mary Sutherland William served in ww1 in the Cameron Highlanders.he survived the was and died in a nursing home in east lothian in 1955 I think. I dont have any information to the birth of William or his parents as yet.as this is all new for me I feel it is my task to make then come alive to future genarations from my branch of the SIVES clan.if anyone can help would be greatfully received.

Neil

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 May 09 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil

Welcome to Rootschat ;D

I have checked through Sives info that I have collated but unfortunately I have nothing on William Sives/Mary Sutherland.
If you download William Sives death record 1955 from Scotlands People that should give you his parents names.
Fiona

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 May 09 20:39 BST (UK) »
Neil,

It's your lucky day today. I have the details of your grandfather's death certificate, but only because they are on the same register page as a possible Cowe relative. He died February 20th 1955 at Belhaven Hospital and was 80 years old. His parents are listed as William Sives, ploughman (deceased) and Jane Sives m.s. [maiden surname] Foggo (also deceased).

Hopefully Fiona or others have details of William and Jane.

hume :)

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 May 09 20:43 BST (UK) »
brilliant Hume.

I will have a look and see if anything that I have collated fits
Fiona

Offline neil raymond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 May 09 18:51 BST (UK) »
Neil,

Thank you so much for the information this is a big help its nice to open mail and have a nice supprise for a change. Thank you   Neil
hume :)

Offline neil raymond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 May 09 21:49 BST (UK) »

Offline KSives

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 11:54 BST (UK) »
Neil:

Greetings from the American branch of the Sives family.  I've checked my files, but have come up empty regarding your ancestors.

Kevin