Author Topic: David Balharry - Scotland to Chile  (Read 17454 times)

Offline Lass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: David Balharry - Scotland to Chile
« Reply #90 on: Monday 03 November 08 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi flst and Lell

I have intended to look into Benjamin's asylum records since connecting his death certificate with this puzzle (some time ago now!) but just haven't had the chance to pop up to Dundee.  I hope to do so in the not too distant future as the records may well hold a key...

I make no promises about when I'll get there, but I will at some point, and I'll keep you all informed.  ;D

Lass x

Offline David Balharry

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hello.  Are there still folk on here interested in Balharry?  Ross my son is in Chile just now and met up with people who have Balharry history and I promised to dig out what I can by way of a family tree. 

My father had a box file of info which Ive used to create a tree in MacFamilyTree which now goes back to late 1600's along our line.  I think I have the connection to Chile as being through a David Balharry born 1806.  Who was associated with a Mrs Leffre possible maiden name Goffrey.

None of this is primary information simply records compiled by others.

Anyway it prompted me to do some digging into the Balharry's around the late 1600's to see how far back records knowledge existed.  Based on that there seems to have been a number of families within 9 miles of Balharry house at this time (Newtyle, Coupar Angus, Glamis, Collace, Glen Isla, Airlie).  Our line connect in here somewhere and I wondered if anyone else has tried to make connections this far back? 

In hope

David

Offline Robert Beharie

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Saturday 20 March 21 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
I have been working on a project separating the families mainly within the Dundee area which share or were written down as a derivative of Balhary. I have a reference to Balhary in Chile on cell BA124 on the spreadsheet which can be found on my business website at: http://www.imaginehowe.co.uk/FamilyHistoryDocs/  filename: Census Analysis_20210320.xls. Note: Please don't rely on any family links shown prior to 1833 as correct as this is still a work in progress and any links prior to the start of census recording is based on the age of the people and marriage records. It provides most family members names which will give you a good start to hopefully identify your family line.
I am still trying to find hard evidence of my families link with either John Baharry b1738 or James Balharry b1716.