Author Topic: millers from caithness  (Read 2907 times)

Offline docfraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
millers from caithness
« on: Monday 12 May 08 18:41 BST (UK) »
hi ther i am trying to find my husbands great grand parents i have found his grandfather and mother but only have his grandfathers name he was a donald miller his son was josephmiller and he was born around 1916 he married a annie manson do youknow where i could get this information or will mean a trip th the local regestrars

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Re: millers from caithness
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 13:53 BST (UK) »
Have you looked on the Caithness community website -they have a family history page with a section for/ by /on Millers
http://www.caithness.org/history/familyhistory/materimiller/index.htm

OR there's Scotlands People, its a pay to view but well worth a visit. Scottish records are much better than English ones particularly  pre 1837.
Theres always GENUKI of course.

I have a Miller connection
1901 Census
Donald F Shearer, born Thurso Caithness (in 1881  a wealthy merchant living in Croyden in Surrey ) 1901 age given as 60 was living at 13 Great Nelson Street Liverpool working on his own account as commissioning agent, boarder in the house of Ann Miller,age 65 retired  fish curer from Thurso, Caithmess  living on her own means with her 8 adult children.

see my website http://www.geocities.com/scotsshoes/donFrCSh.html

good hunting
Annie
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline Isles

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: millers from caithness
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 17:35 BST (UK) »
The ScotlandsPeople index of births lists a Joseph Miller born 1916 Wick, Caithness. If this is the correct one his birth certificate should give the names of his parents.

1927 - 2010

Burness; Dickson; Moncur; Bowman

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk