Author Topic: Christina Sutherland  (Read 8572 times)

Offline HowardJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christina Sutherland
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi MargaretE,

I'm glad to make contact with another Linge descendant!  You will have noted my Linge connections in the earlier posts.  As a result of my those posts I made contact with a descendant of William's brother Henry some months ago (via New Zealand!).  Owing to an illness in my newly-found cousin's family, we haven't corresponded for about three months, but I was informed about the sad family story. I haven't done much more research since mid-year because my work has been particularly busy.  I'm looking forward to retirement in about a year's time, and hope to be able to put more effort into family history.  Depending somewhat on the global economic situation and how things develop, my wife and I are hoping to visit UK in mid-2010, and we would love to be able to meet many of my long-lost relatives.

I found Thistley Hall Farm on Google Earth: amazed to see it's still under cultivation, but the old house is gone.
Will make further contact.
HowardJ

Offline margaretE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 November 08 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi HowardJ
Sorry to disappear for a few days. I hope this gets to you - not very good at this site navigation!
Have checked and message was confidential - but can't find out how to send a reply through the same means. So, yes please send details privately. ME

Offline inkpen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 November 08 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Margaret

I am the great granddaughter of Arthur Herbert Linge, William Linge's younger brother so I know all about the sad story and have done a great deal of research into this.  I would love to get in touch with you and find out if you have any relevant information about the Linge family.  There are many Arthur Linge descendants, including me!   I have lots of lovely old photographs of the Linge family.  You can email me on (*)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards

Fiona Ryall

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline inkpen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 November 08 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Howard
I am the Great Granddaughter of Arthur Herbert Linge and would love to hear (*).
I look forward to hearing from you.

Fiona

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php