Author Topic: Mossman birth Kingston c. 1859  (Read 19691 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mossman birth Kingston c. 1859
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 17 May 15 15:43 BST (UK) »
Welcome to the site, Mike. The poster Abby has not been active for years, however, I have also sent her a message that there is a reply should her notification have been turned off...but her email may no longer be active. In the meantime you can peruse the site, read the beginners info and post something should you have a query of your own.
all the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Rowan26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike
Are you the son of Rodney Mossman? I am the great grandson of Willie Mossmans sister Isabella Stubbs and have been tracing the Mossman/Dilworth history. I have met some of the extended family to date.

JJ
Can you drop Abbie an email line, I have the obituary for Mary Watt which has her birth details if she is still after this.
Cheers

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 15:44 BST (UK) »
Rowan26 welcome to Rootschat! I am so sorry I cannot email them, only private message them which you can also do with other rellies on this thread once a few posts are made ( they say three but I seem to reach people after two, so just try it ...hit the scroll to the left)...Abby has not responded, so may have changed her email address & not kept up with the site.
The private message part of the site is for discussing living relatives...You can exchange a few ancestral details on here in the meantime...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Mike Mossman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Rowan,

Yes I am Rodneys son.  Sorry I dont know that many answers, but know the NZ family of course and sometime its on my bucket list to visit Ireland.  Recently Tim died, but Tim, Henry and Rodney at just short of 93 were believed to be the oldest living set of Triplets in the world for quite some time.  Half that generation is gone now, but they bred like rabbits so there are a ton of cousins..... ;D

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 01:06 BST (UK) »
I imagine it is o.k. to mention these living lads as they've made the news a lot...a great writeup on the three lads...with images over the years...Seems Abbey won't complain that we've hijacked her thread...altho you never know if she'll show up again one day & join back in....
http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/your-stories/weekly-people/threes-a-charm-brotherly-bond/

Offline Rowan26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 04:59 BST (UK) »
JJ
The personal messages doesn't appear to be working for me, I tried and got a "you are not able to send personal messages" reply, How do I go about doing this?

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 05:26 BST (UK) »
That was the second post needed...Note that you now have the "posts:2" listed under your name. If still doesn't work, post once again.

Offline Rowan26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 05:34 BST (UK) »
Cheers JJ
I had worked it out, all done now successfully

Offline 777

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 04 August 19 23:52 BST (UK) »
A site that may interest those with interest in the Mossman NZ descendants.

http://www.sinnottnz.com/getperson.php?personID=I6175&tree=tree5
Roberts, McIntosh, Steggall, Arnaboldi, Debus, McKenzie,Waugh, Kennedy ,Bassett, Cook, Graham