Author Topic: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October  (Read 21651 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October
« on: Wednesday 28 May 08 09:57 BST (UK) »

After todays mini meet in Ipswich with gjil and Mongoose, we've decided we're going to have another on the 19th October at Southbank..........who'd like to come??

So far we have

Karenlee
Tephra
Jackie
KazzaQld
Ozlady
Trish
Charlotte

Grab a canoe - broomstick - camel - jet ski - or just your walking boots and make your way over here.

Barbara

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 10:17 BST (UK) »
Now that's created an immediate problem for those of us (maybe only one of us) who have said we will try to go to the Melbourne Meet on the same day!  I will have to offer my apologies for the Brisbane meet.

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 13:32 BST (UK) »

Not a problem Marie, perhaps the next time we have a meet      ;D
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 May 08 08:34 BST (UK) »
Perhaps...  as long as it doesn't clash with anything next time!  ::) ::)

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi MarieC

We shall have to link you to Dee - she travelled SA to Brisbane & you are heading Brisbane to Melbourne - very impressive  :)

I would LOVE an excuse to visit Sydney. Are there any NSW chatters who want to organise a meet - I'll be there! Whatever the day.

Barbara

Where are we meeting? Is it to be  a carefree day where we eat drink and chat? I should probably catch the bus! Apart from the price of fuel, driving does interfere with the drinking.

And another question (I have had a few YTs this pm) - does it have to be a Sunday? Awful busy in that part of town on a Sunday. Could those that do have to work to support the family have a day off work so we could meet on a Tuesday. Tuesday's are my favourite day. Everyone stays home or goes to work. Going to other places is a breeze.

You may yell at me if I am not allowed to make such suggestions - no doubt it was all worked out at the late lunch that I missed  :-\  :-\

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:46 BST (UK) »

Hi Trish

Yep...........you should have stayed around for the lunch and chin wag session, that's when all the arrangements were made.......I'm just posting the info, shout at Karenlee and Dee and Kazza............    ;D ;D ;D

This next one is only going to be a meal and a natter and a drink and a natter and another drink and a natter............you get the picture     ;D ;D

Barbara
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:48 BST (UK) »
yep get the picture ;D ;D

Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:51 BST (UK) »

Will you be paddling your canoe over Ricky??

Oh by the way, I spoke to Ozlady last night and she sent her apologies for Wednesday, totally unforeseen circumstances kept her away.      :-\ :-\
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:58 BST (UK) »

Hi Trish

Yep...........you should have stayed around for the lunch and chin wag session, that's when all the arrangements were made.......I'm just posting the info, shout at Karenlee and Dee and Kazza............    ;D ;D ;D

This next one is only going to be a meal and a natter and a drink and a natter and another drink and a natter............you get the picture     ;D ;D

Barbara

I have 1 - yes that is ONE appointment per week and you manage to organise a pub lunch on that particular day. I am beginning to think it is an English plot against we Irish rebels. No wonder my folks didn't want to register their childers  ;D

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk