Author Topic: Looking for SMITH family - Gypsy's ??  (Read 72270 times)

Offline pennysteve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for SMITH family - Gypsy's ??
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hello My husbands 4th great is Sentenia and Esau Smith I have done a large tree. They was from Northampton area and travelled to the Black Patch Birmingham. Anyone connected to the family would love you to join our family FB tree.  :)

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 10 April 14 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hello My husbands 4th great is Sentenia and Esau Smith I have done a large tree. They was from Northampton area and travelled to the Black Patch Birmingham. Anyone connected to the family would love you to join our family FB tree.  :)
a  yes they were my great grandad was butty /sam smith and he moved from north hampton to birmingham

Offline pennysteve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 10 April 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Aleis Sally
So you say Samuel smith you mean esau smith brother. I have done the fb and is going well, welcome to join, you will find it very interesting. woodfine smith.

Offline pennysteve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: my family smiths and my DNA Black patch, Sentenia and esau
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone who wants to know more about my 4th Greats Sentenia and Esau Smith. I have got the family tree done and anyone who wants any help please contact. My DNA was H1A PLUS, which means that my family came from southern Asia, Sentenia and Esau was cousins. Esau parents was Nehemiah and Rhoda Boswell. Sentenia parents was Woodfine smith and Sarah Boswell, sister to Rhoda. My Romany route is amazing on my tree, as my greats both romany great grandfather is from the Thomas Smith And Sarah Smith who is vagrants from North Marsden who sons are jasper Smith moses Smith ect. Would like to know if anyone is the same match to me on my DNA, and wants anyhelp with the tree If the same as mine.
Steve :) 

Offline Rebeccajames35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 19:46 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find out about a Rebecca smith who was born around 1845 in Milton Surrey.  Well in one census she say Milton and another says Epsom. Her birthdate is a guess as we can't find her baptism anywhere!!! In 1901 we have her with her other half ( can't find marriage ) Joseph James and their children . If anyone has a Rebecca from that time please let me know, we've been searching for years !!
          Becky :)
James
Miley
Parker sands
Ayres bowers coopers
Sparrowhawks smiths
Doe

Offline Philip Young

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 22 October 17 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, my graat grandfather was Tommy Smith the son of Sentenia ( Henty) from black patch Smethwick, would like to see my full family tree if anyone has it. My nan was Lilly Smith daughter of Tommy.

Offline Seaside Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 23 February 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested in Smith/ Holland gypsies. My great grandmother Annie Hadwin born 1875 Leigh, was presumed to be Romany. She and my great grand father Charles Halsall took in a boy called William Holland in Southport born  in 1925. Annie's mother was Jane Smith from Kendal born 1837. I have found a family that fits but no Romany links as yet.  There was mention of links to a Gypsy Queen. I wonder if Henty Smiths family moved anywhere up to Kendal. ??

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 23 February 18 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my graat grandfather was Tommy Smith the son of Sentenia ( Henty) from black patch Smethwick, would like to see my full family tree if anyone has it. My nan was Lilly Smith daughter of Tommy.

Hi Philip

The Romany and Traveller Family History Society has published a book containing the family tree of Sentenia. It's called 'The Family Tree of Woodfine Smith' by Josephine Tombs and you can find out more about it and how to order here: http://rtfhs.org.uk/publications/gypsy-families/

Sharon
Smith - East Anglia & Lancashire
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Royal Epping Forest Gypsies": ball-giving group
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

Offline Layla Ozdemir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 19:57 GMT (UK) »
ok well i know nothing because i was adopted , so i have a list of names from my dna ,

Surname

Smith (39)
    Brown (28)
    Johnson (17)
    Williams (17)
    Jones (16)
    Taylor (15)
    Lewis (13)
    Martin (13)
    Wilson (13)
    Clark (12)
    Davis (12)
    Green (12)
    Anderson (11)
    Carter (10)
    Evans (10)
    Scott (10)
    Wright (10)
    King (9)
    Miller (9)
    Price (9)
, my dna has been looked at by a roma woman that says my percentage is over 30, i am just lost , my family names also include Rockley , Lane , Harvey, we are largely from nottinghamshire , Staffordshire and derbyshire as far as i know , but looking like both my mothers sides had Romany, her mothers mother was the Harvey , her mother a brown , i am so lost , i feel so alone , i know i got a huge family , romany always do , but the closest relative i have found is a 3rd cousin and he does not answer his messages , please if these names and the areas can help someone help me i will be so happy , just to come home to my people , BTW I WAS SNATCHED INTO CARE IN THE 1960'S