Author Topic: Dingley - Baddesley Ensor  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dingley - Baddesley Ensor
« on: Saturday 31 May 08 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi - I have traced quite a few of my ancestors on my fathers side back to a John Dingley born c. 1793/94 in Baddesley Ensor.   He married Sarah ??? who was born c. 1800 in Snarestone, Leics and I believe he had 5 daughters and 2 sons.  I am trying to trace his wife Sarah's maiden name and also John and Sarah's parents names.   I believe John died in Atherstone at the ripe old age of 87!! not bad for those days I think.  I am descended from one of his sons, Samuel Dingley through the male line (Joseph Dingley was my Gt Grandfather who later moved his family to Leeswood in North Wales to the mines around there.  He later became - I believe - Under Manager at Cefn-Y-Coed Mine and Manager at The Phoenix Mine.  If anyone has information on any of this I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks - Jo.
Edwards/Lloyd - Gwersyllt/Gresford/Llay
Bunn - Peldon(Essex)/Limerick/Southampton
Jones/Morgan - Llay / Treuddyn / Rhydymwyn/Tremerchion/Rhuddlan/Meliden
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Davies - Pandy/Warrington area
Hughes
Dingley - Leeswood / Baddesley Ensor

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Dingley - Baddesley Ensor
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 May 08 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo,

familysearch.org has a marriage for John Dingley to Sarah Thompson 20 Nov 1820     Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire

This is a member-submitted entry so would need to be checked against the parish registers.
The IGI has baptisms for their children extracted from parish records for Baddesley Ensor - if you click on this link, http://www.rootschat.com/links/03j0/ then on the baptisms batch number and enter Dingley in the search box you'll find them all

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Big Will

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 July 10 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo

The chances of you seeing this after 2 years are remote, I know.

However, although I am a Williams, my mum is a Dingley, and we have traced her ancestors back to the same John Dingley as you have. All of his descendants had several children, and my mum's line seems to have followed the Sams, although I think there was a John or two in there too! My mum's granddad moved from Baddesley because his father seems to have made the leap from "miner" to "engine driver". Not a railway engine, but the engines that pumped water from the mines. Mum's grandad followed his dad, and managed to get the job of manager of the water works at Selly Oak in Birmingham. His son, my grandad, married my grandma - unfortunately my grandma already had a child out of wedlock, so grandad was disowned by this "nouveau riche" family. He died when my mum was  6 months old. My mum had a brother, whose son Melvyn Dingley is still alive and living in Kings Heath. He had two children, but as both were girls sadly our branch of the Dingley family line has reached the buffers.

As a brief addendum to this story, I am a teacher in Paignton, and am at present teaching a lad called Tom Dingley whose family come from the Midlands and were, in the past, miners! I'm hoping to meet his dad next week and may find out more.

Sad to think this message may never be read, but just in case ...

... hello cousin!  ;D

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 July 10 08:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Big Will (Sorry not sure of your name!!)

Thanks for your message - great to hear from you.  I think I know which line your descended down - Is Samuel Dingley b. 1834 married Hellen (Ellen) Chetwyn b. 1835 (had abt 10 children) your line. Then either Samuel George Dingley b. 1860 or William Dingley b. 1870.  My Gt Grandfather was Joseph Dingley b. 1856 so either of the two would have been his brothers.  One of Joseph's daughters (Louisa - always known as "Clarrie" - was my Grandmother and her son Noel - my father - so once again the Dingley name has died out on our side!! 

Regards

Jo.
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Hughes

Offline Big Will

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 July 10 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Paul is my real name - no good trying to use THAT as a log-in name!  ;D

My wife did most of the research and put together a family tree which spread to umpteen pages of A4! She's got it saved somewhere on the PC and has promised to find it so I can show this lad at school. When she does I'll have a look and compare it with what you've found. I'm sure you're right, but it's been a couple of years since I looked at it.

Offline Big Will

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 July 10 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jo

Yes, Samuel George was my Great Grandad, so we share the same Great Great Grandad and Great Grandmother, Samuel Dingley and Ellen nee Chetwyn.

As I said, I'm hoping to meet the father of young Tom Dingley tomorrow night. I hope he's related as he's a cracking kid, and I can't say that about too many of the kids I teach, unfortunately.

The Dingleys were quite easy to track down - unfortunately my other 3 grandparents were Smith, Jones and Williams, so that's not going to be so easy!

It seems that the name Dingley comes from the North East, or possibly Scotland. I don't suppose you've got any futher back than John Dingley in the past two years have you?

Paul

Offline Big Will

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 July 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry Jo, just re-read your first message. It appears that the sarah of whom you speak was a Thompson. Also. John Dingley's father, also called John, appears to have been born in 1770, and married an Elizabeth Radford.

But I expect you've found that out already.  ;D

Offline May-Dingley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 05 August 17 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Just joined today and I am trying to trace my ancestors - I am related to John Dingley born 1770 - married Elizabeth Radford in 1790 at Baddesley Ensor - I am having problems tracing above this? He is my g-g-g-g-grandfather. Also trying to find out more on Richard Albrighton 1670-1717 he is my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-grandfather and finally William May 1853 who married I believe Jane Tonks b.1851 in 1879 at Stockingford, Nuneaton I believe his father was William and Jane's father was William - but I know no more than that.  I am also related to Absolam Hough 1822-1891 who married Eliza Hough b.1817 from Bristol (father I think Thomas Smith) - I think my g-g-g-grandfather. Anything you can help me with would be great. I have newly moved to retire in Spain but all my family were Hartshill/Nuneaton/Chapel End and Baddesley Ensor districts.
Sue

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 14 June 20 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi all. Just got back into the family history search and believe I've managed to go back a bit further on the Dingley side. I think (!?) the male side is listed below but would love it if someone could tell me if they have the same?

JOHN DINGLEY 1793 - BADDESLEY ENSOR

JOHN DINGLEY 1759 - BIRMINGHAM. DIED BADDESLEY ENSOR.

EDWARD DINGLEY 1723 - BARSTON

EDWARD DINGLEY 1688 - ALVECHURCH

JOSEPH DINGLEY 1665 - WARWICK

EDWARD DINGLEY 1639 - KINGS NORTON

RICHARD DINGLEY 1602 - ORTON IN THE HILL

WILLIAM DINGLEY (GUILHELMUS) 1580 - HANLEY CASTLE

WILLMUS DINGLE 1554 - HANLEY CASTLE

unfortunately this is where I've got stuck - any help would be great.

Thanks
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Hughes