Author Topic: Tracing "ORCHARD" family in Oxfordshire.  (Read 17125 times)

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing "ORCHARD" family in Oxfordshire.
« Reply #36 on: Monday 09 June 08 16:47 BST (UK) »
Rhoda Smith was my gt gt grandmother, she married officially Theophilus Scarrott in 1862, then by 1871 she is not on census with Theo and children although he says he is married. By 1881 no sign of Theo but Rhoda is now with Valentine Brinkley and has 3 boys by him (her daughter Conceletta, my gt grandmother, by Theo goes on to marry Walter Brinkley who is Valentines nephew) After Valentine dies Rhoda then goes with Christopher Smith and is with him on 1891 census. One of Christophers nieces i think is also a Rhoda but long before my Rhoda came on scene, so i believe as my Rhoda was born a Smith she might have been related to Christopher before their 'marriage'
To Selinat, you have Rhoda as child of William Smith and Sinfoy Smith, do you have any idea where you got this info? It was one of my speculations a few years back, and is still a possibility, so if you know where you got the info would be greatly appreciated as Rhoda has been a stumbling block for years, thanks, elizabeth

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 09 June 08 21:14 BST (UK) »
hi smilelface
Thank you for clearing that up about Rhoda Smith I found my info via some family trees on Ancestry they must have got it wrong if Valentine was a man !
would you agree that Christropher was son of James & Eliza Smith ?.
Like you these 2 have been my brick wall for ages
TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline selinat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 09 June 08 21:34 BST (UK) »
hello tiggi & smileyface. so was valentine a woman ? on ancestry they had my great aunt christina down as a boy, christopher in the 1871 census . which confused me ::)  . i did wonder about the name valentine. cornelius smith mothers surname was odell , . walter brinkleys mother also used loveridge? john" jack" scarrott was married to a loveridge . christopher was married a had 2 children before he was with rhoda smith  ;)

Offline SCARROTT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 19:49 BST (UK) »
hello im a scarrott, frederick scarrott( brother of theo) was my grt grt grandfather he was born in  finstock oxon in 1842 he married 2 smith s the first was drucsilla they had 2 sons emanulle and alfred, she died he then married sophia and they had eliza, william, emily. sophia already had 4 children by jacob smith they were zelpha, parents ,agnes,sinemta theo b1839 did marry rhoda they had concelleta who married  walter brinkley but he kept the name of scarrott they had a daughter named ocean who married thomas cooper i have lots of imfo on the scarrotts ,jack scarrott s wife was a loveridge and funny thing again is mother was a smith. kushti bok cliff

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 20:48 BST (UK) »
HI Scarrott welcome to rootschat i am sure you will find lots on here!
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Scarrott
I wonder if you can help me I have been trying to find out about a James Smith who married or partner of Eliza/Elizabeth Scarrett ?
They are my great grandmother's parents I know this because it is on a birth certificate  they have eluded me for many a long while and would love to know more about them I don;t even have a BMD for either I am afraid can you help please
tiggi
TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SCARROTT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 18 June 08 10:16 BST (UK) »
hello tiggy ive nothing on james smith ive got an eliza b. ramsden1844 daughter of john who became a smith this must be the one a lot of scarrott and smiths married years ago sorry

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 27 June 08 00:52 BST (UK) »
hi smilelface
Thank you for clearing that up about Rhoda Smith I found my info via some family trees on Ancestry they must have got it wrong if Valentine was a man !
would you agree that Christropher was son of James & Eliza Smith ?.
Like you these 2 have been my brick wall for ages
Yes sorry tiggi havent been looking at messages so sorry for delay, yes i think christoper was son of james and eliza.

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 15 July 08 19:15 BST (UK) »
hello im a scarrott, frederick scarrott( brother of theo) was my grt grt grandfather he was born in  finstock oxon in 1842 he married 2 smith s the first was drucsilla they had 2 sons emanulle and alfred, she died he then married sophia and they had eliza, william, emily. sophia already had 4 children by jacob smith they were zelpha, parents ,agnes,sinemta theo b1839 did marry rhoda they had concelleta who married  walter brinkley but he kept the name of scarrott they had a daughter named ocean who married thomas cooper i have lots of imfo on the scarrotts ,jack scarrott s wife was a loveridge and funny thing again is mother was a smith. kushti bok cliff
Hello Cliff, have you been in touch with Glyn Hatherall, hes done a one name study on our Scarrotts, he comes from Shadrach, older  brother of Theophilus and Frederick (i come from Theo) so we are cousins, best wishes Elizabeth