Author Topic: Hyder family in East Kent about 1750-1820. Mary and husband William  (Read 17739 times)

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hyder family in East Kent about 1750-1820. Mary and husband William
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 20 December 14 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again. I already had the Robert Matson and Dorothy Tailer marriage and it's good to have further confirmation.
I will continue looking for the first name of the lady Knott who married William Matson at Shepherdswell in 1612.

I fear i have led us a fair way from the original title of this thread :-X
MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

Offline TDH1522

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 03 December 17 00:22 GMT (UK) »
EDWARD HYDER snr  bap.5th dec 1669 Ashford Kent (son of Thomas Hyder and Mary Austen) died 16th feb 1728 Selling Kent England aged 59 yrs (i have a copy of his will) occupation: Butcher,  married on 8th july 1694 Chilham Kent England to JANE HUKINS bap.13th sept 1674 Chilham Kent England buried on 23rd feb 1742 Selling Parish Canterbury England (daughter of William & Jane Hukins), I also have a gravestone picture of this family stating their children etc, their children all born Selling Kent:

MARY bap.5th april 1697 Selling Kent England
WILLIAM born 3rd june 1695 Selling Kent England bap.13th june 1695 Selling Kent England, died 25th feb 1712 buried 28th feb Selling Kent England
THOMAS bap. 12th Jan 1700 Selling Kent England
ALICE bap. 9th sept 1702 Selling Kent England
EDWARD HYDER Jnr born 5th nov 1698 Selling Kent England bap.15th nov 1698 Selling Kent England married  Ann ?? (can not find a record for their marriage so dont know her last name), one of their children:

THOMAS HYDER bap.28th nov 1732 at Selling Kent England died 1st nov 1813 Charing Kent occupation carpenter, married on 29th oct 1759 Hinxhill Kent England to Ann Borville/Burvile/Burvill born abt 1731 died 9th july 1795 buried on 16/7/1795 at Charing Kent England aged 64 yrs,

Edward Snr and his wife all had children born in Selling Kent they died there and and same with edward Jnr and his wife Ann, their children were all born at Selling Kent, no children were born at HOTHFIELD

Inscription of Edward Snr and Jane Hyder's tombstone at Selling Kent England:
Here lieth the Body of Edw: Hyder late of this Parish who had issue by Jane his wife, 3 Sons & 2 Daugh: he died Feb 16: 1728. Aged 59 Y. This Stone was Erected by Jane his wife. Also the Body of Will: Hyder at the right hand of his Father. Edw. Hyder & Jane his wife he died Feb 25th 1712. Aged 16 Years 9 m. and by him/ lieth his 2 sisters Viz: Mary & Alice

Am not entirely sure how to contact you, so I have quoted you in the hope you get a notification. I am currently doing some deep research on The Hyder Family, and would love to have a copy of any documents you have on them. You say that you have a copy of Edward Hyder's will? My email address is t.haynes . sub@icloud.com (Only use it for family history stuff so any1 else researching the Hyder's can contact me). Cheers, Tom

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 04 December 17 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello TDH1522.
I received a notification of your posting and I thought it would be good to acknowledge in case I can help further. However my focus is the Matson family and I don't have anything more than it seems you already have re the Hyder family.
Have you perhaps tried a direct message to Sluggie in case they are not currently doing any research?
Best wishes and if you come across any Matson links let me know if I can help.

Offline TDH1522

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 04 December 17 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hey!

For some reason for the life of me I cannot work out how to send a direct message. I will probably come on to looking at the Matsons as I begin to branch out my research so I will definitely come to you for some pointers when I get started.

Cheers,

Tom

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 04 December 17 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Go to 'MyMessages' in the top bar with the dark brown background. When you hover over it or click a dropdown will appear saying "Read your messages""Send a message".
If you click on "Send a message" a form will appear. Copy and paste the contact you wish to send the message to into the "To" box. There is a Subject box below and then a text area to type into.
You can then Send, Preview or Spellcheck  A pre-ticked box if you wish to save a copy.

Offline TDH1522

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 04 December 17 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Ah perfect thank you! Cant believe I missed it

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 04 December 17 12:48 GMT (UK) »
No problem.
Please let me know if I can help any more, :)