Author Topic: Burials at York Place Chapel, Swansea  (Read 7237 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at York Place Chapel, Swansea
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 March 17 15:19 GMT (UK) »
I was just wondering whether anyone here had ancestors/relatives buried at this Chapel in York Street, Swansea.

The Church dates back to 1830 and there are  gravestones outside and memorial tablets inside the church.  Anyone got any connections?  I have been a member of this Church all my life,

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]and have recently taken over as caretaker.[/color]

There are some prominent memorials in the entrance porch,  and a remembrance garden to Rev. Roberts, father of the Llanelli born actress Rachel Roberts.
Ouch!!  What a small world!  ..  ..  ..  and this thread started in June 2008, it wasn't until recent posts bounced the thread to the head of the 'Glamorgan' queue, coupled with a return to my investigations into my OH's tree elsewhere in this bulletin board that I came across this thread.  You should know instantly who I am from the alias I use.

As it happens I've been intregued by the large memorial stone for the Harris family in front of the chapel, having even tracked down a couple of possible census returns for the family, but have not porogressed very far as other commitments keep jumping the queue for my free time.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.