Author Topic: Seaton's in Blair Atholl Perthshire 1800 and beyond  (Read 35794 times)

Offline peteseaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seaton Genealogy
    • View Profile
Seaton's in Blair Atholl Perthshire 1800 and beyond
« on: Saturday 07 June 08 22:24 BST (UK) »
Are there any people who are researching Seaton / Seton / Setton in the Blair Atholl Area

?

cheers in advance

pete
Seaton Welch Dempster Linstrom Solloway Lawrence McIntyre

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seaton's in Blair Atholl Perthshire 1800 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 December 10 20:07 GMT (UK) »
The website www.borenich.co.uk lists the Blair Atholl marriages from 1750 to 1855 showing the places where the bride and groom were living.  Seaton (and variants) are not common, but this might help.

Throth

Offline rdserv

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 17:31 BST (UK) »
Are there any people who are researching Seaton / Seton / Setton in the Blair Atholl Area

?

cheers in advance

pete

I am a Blair Atholl Seaton living locally if you need any info I may be able to help you

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 21:56 BST (UK) »
My sister in law is a Seaton  Think her father originated Pitlochry

Offline hollysmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 June 11 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hello!  My partner is Ian Seaton, son of John Cameron Seaton and Jean (Jane) McKenzie Seaton.  He grew up at Port of Tummel in Ballinluig.  To the best of his knowledge, his more immediate family are now all gone, the last to pass away being his cousin, Donald Seaton, in 2007.  Do these names mean anything to anyone? 

Regards,
Catherine.

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 May 12 11:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am interested in knowing a little more of one particular Seaton family from this area. I am looking for more details on the marriage and background of Peter Seaton who married Patricia Matheson. Patricia was the daughter of Catherine McNee and Peter Matheson and would have lived in the Aberfeldy area. They had at least two daughters c1930's.

Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline Maclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 03:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine, My Grandfather William Seaton lived Comrie Perthshire / Edinburgh, married Jean /Jane Peebles 1919. His Father John Seaton a Master Saddler Dunalastair Comrie, about 1880's Blair Atholl I think. There may possibly be a Donald in the line - brother /son somewhere .Would need to look further ?
Maybe we have a connection ? don't know. I know of no descendants & have been searching too , good luck...Fiona :)

Offline hollysmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hello, Fiona!  Ian actually knows very little about any of his relatives outside his immediate family.  I know that his father had several siblings, brothers and sisters, but none of them seemed to have many children!  I've always felt that there would be further flung cousins, but I'll need to grill him about his uncles and aunts a bit more first!

Offline Maclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine,  Ditto, I know very little too outside immediate family & have always felt likely that distant relatives exist today in that area. I have a tree for him that I'd need to dig out & search to see if there is a Donald but it may take me some time to do so.