Author Topic: William Hardy c1803 . Ash ?  (Read 5253 times)

Offline misscarlahollings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Hardy c1803 . Ash ?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hello, my name is Carla and I have been researching my Nan's grandmother Mary Ann Hardy born in Puddletown. Her father was a William Hardy who had a burial in Puddletown. I believe his father is William Hardy who married Hamutal House? I am a little stuck as to where to go from here if anyone can enlighten me. I am sure the William here mentioned is the connection but I am confused with the Knight bit?

I went to the cemetery yesterday as I live in Dorset but the graves are so weathered I didn't have much luck.

Huge thanks in advance

Carla

Offline misscarlahollings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hello again, I have found that Joseph Hardy who married Sarah Stainer... his parents were recorded as a John and Elizabeth? I can't find anything more about them?

I believe that Joseph and Sarah had a daughter Mary Hardy 1793, WILLIAM 1803, and a son Thomas hardy 1812. I don't seem to be able to find any more children?

Thanks (hope someone reads this, seems a while since this conversation began) :-)

Carla

Offline munjoanron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 December 16 17:08 GMT (UK) »
This message chain is from such a long time ago that no one may be interested - but my Two times GGrandpa a Robert Major lived as a farm labourer on Doles Ash farm in 1881.  Doles Ash is a tiny hamlet.  The farm is a holiday complex now.  Wiki says Thomas Hardy used Doles Ash for his inspiration for Flintcomb Ash in Tess of the  Durbervilles and so it is more than likely that one of his relations lived there.