Author Topic: ORCHARD & BURGE Families  (Read 2440 times)

Offline helebug

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ORCHARD & BURGE Families
« on: Friday 13 June 08 12:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any relative that might be related to the Orchard family or Burge Family.  ???

My ggg grandfather, Henry Orchard, was actually born in Bradford On Avon, Wiltshire in 1836, but eventually settled in Millbrook cottages, St Budeaux, Plymouth.
He married an Ellen Burge, who was born 1846 in Kingsteignton.
They travelled a bit, as Henry was a Bombardier in the Royal Artillery, mainly around the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth as far as I can make out. He was also in Halifax, Canada around 1875/76 as one of his children were born there.
Henry and Ellen had 9 children. Caroline b.1871 Isle of Wight, Ellen b.1872 Portsmouth (she is my gg grandmother), Amelia b.1876 Halifax, Canada, Sarah b.1879 St Budeaux, Rosina b.1881 St Budeaux, Henry b.1883 St Budeaux, George b.1885 St Budeaux, Henrietta b.1888 St Budeaux and William b.1890 St Budeaux.
When Henry left the army and moved to Plymouth, he started working for the Royal Naval Armament Depot, Bull Point , making gun cotton.

My gg grandmother, Ellen Orchard, married into the Pengelly family of Plymouth.

Hope there is someone out there that could be related to these families, it would be great to speak to you! After 1901 I am stuck and would love to know more on the family members mentioned above.

Thanks for reading! ;D
Fenski/Fenske, Poland
Pengelly, St Budeaux, Plymouth, Devon
Orchard, Bradford On Avon/St Budeaux
Hughes, Liverpool
Upcott, Plymouth
Fulcher, Norfolk/Derby
White, Norfolk/Derby
Hughes, Derby/Worcestershire
Willies, Staffordshire
Radford, Normanton, Derby
Marson, Leicestershire/Derby

Offline Russell Orchard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ORCHARD & BURGE Families
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 August 15 22:30 BST (UK) »
I hope you get this email as it has been seven years since your post. Henry Orchard is my great grand uncle. I am a descendant of his brother Samuel who came to Australia with his family in 1857. I probably do not have any more information on Henry's family than you have but I do have information on his parents and siblings.

If you get this and wish to make contact I would be pleased to hear from you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: ORCHARD & BURGE Families
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 August 15 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Russell,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I am very sorry but we lost contact with helebug some time ago, it looks like they changed email address but sadly we do not know what the new one is.

I did try searching for them online but sadly nothing has come up on the searches :'(

When we loose contact with members we do leave a little not underneath the users profile name.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk