Author Topic: Boughey VC Memorial  (Read 6328 times)

Offline sambetts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boughey VC Memorial
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 August 08 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike
        He,s in safe hands tried to load up a pic but it wont work, send me your email i will send it direct.
        Regards
              Sam

Offline gingerjoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 14:53 BST (UK) »

THE STANLEY BOUGHEY MEMORIAL VC.
                                         FOUND
This bronze memorial has been lost for some years and is of great importance to Scotland and England. Due to years of a endless paper chase conducted by [ Conductor Mike] see
 http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b3ab5eb5758cee56c3e6a87ba50233b4&topic=310063.0
 it has been located, along with many other articles that tell of this Scots mans incredible act of bravery that earned him the Victoria Cross. 
      Problem solved not, it is in the hands of a south yorkshireman Sam Betts Junior, who will give the memorial back to its rightful owners, but here come the big BUT.
          Billy Connolly is the only person he will hand the memorial over to, as in his words this VC story will be brought to public knowledge and be placed in a establishment worthy to hold it.
         The memorial will then never again end up on a car boot sale where it was discovered. Mr Betts speaks of connelly as the most famous scotsman of his lifetime , and admires connellys passion for his country.
               He his the only person that could tell of Stanley Boughey,s brave deed and ensure this memorial gets recognition for the first time. Try a google search for stanley boughey vc to read further.  Please could anyone who meets Billy pass on these comments.

Offline womdanbat

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 September 08 17:12 BST (UK) »
Wow! What a success story it will be an even better success
if Billy Connelly told the brave lads story...if anyone can do it he can

Good Luck with it

Offline thornhill121

• RootsChat Extra
  • G.G.Grandfather John Beck 1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 September 08 07:37 BST (UK) »
Has anyone tried to contact his agent?
Thornhill Beeston Notts, Belton Notts, Searle Lincs/Notts, Cooper Notts, Creet Notts
Beck Dumfriesshire

Offline gingerjoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 September 08 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi
         I tried to find his agent on the web, all I got was pestered by a site wanting to sell me agent and contact details , I think its a con.

Offline GJB259

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 November 11 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Just joined Roots and read your post. SHP Boughey is a relative of my wife and I note that some details are not up to date. While I can't help re. the memorial I should point out that Stanley was English (mother Lucy born in Cheshire as was his father) - he was born 3,Danube St. Toxteth Park Liverpool, and never lived in Scotland albeit that he jopined the Ayrshire Yeomanry Territorials in 19816 before promoted to Officer training at Kinmael Park, N.Wales in Dec.1916. He was gazetted as 2nd Lt.18.4.1917 with the 1/4th Battalion Royal Scots Fusiliers.              I am at this time seeking information as to the whereabouts of his VC medal which was first sold in 1986 and a second time in 1988. Can anyone help please ?

Offline Heleng1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 August 13 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hello, I have just joined roots chat and have discovered that you must be related to me, or your wife, as SHP Boughey is my uncle. Which side of the family do you come from?  I i am the last of the Boughey side, or so i thought. Very curious?  The cross was sold by my parents to a private person, I was a bit miffed, and I have no idea where it is now, although I have the miniature ladies medal. Have you tried his regiment in Edinburgh castle, there is quite a bit of info about him there.

Offline GJB259

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 August 13 08:53 BST (UK) »
would like to make contact re SHP Boughey and the VC but "personal messages " only available if one has made at least three posts. This only my second post so you will need to reply to me and I can then make a third post. The family tree that I have compiled goes back a long way which could be of interest to you.

GJB259

Offline Heleng1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 August 13 09:56 BST (UK) »
Gosh this all sounds most interesting. Look forward to hearing from you and seeing how far you have gone back. I can manage 2mugs from Elizabeth Boughey  1845