Author Topic: John Sale of Dublin MP for Carysfort  (Read 2314 times)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John Sale of Dublin MP for Carysfort
« on: Sunday 15 June 08 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi - can anyone help or give me any advice where to look?

I am working on a pedigree for a friend,  his ancestry is really interesting,  on his mothers side he is descended from John Sale 1758-1827 who was a fairly famous church musician and taught music to the Royal family.  There was an acknowledged relationship between this gent and the Duke of Wellington,  whose grandmother was Elizabeth Sale the 'eldest daughter' of John Sale registrar of Dublin and MP for Carysfort.  Elizabeth married in 1719 (in Dublin) so was probably born about 1695,  so far I have been unable to find out anymore about her birth family and any brothers and sisters.  I think John Sale the musicians father was another John (1734-1802) married to an Alice,  but I can't find the information that joins the two branches up.

Can anyone help?

:)

DebbieG

Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WilliamD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Sale of Dublin MP for Carysfort
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 July 17 10:13 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Sale the 'eldest daughter' of John Sale registrar of Dublin and MP for Carysfort.  Elizabeth married in 1719 (in Dublin) so was probably born about 1695,  so far I have been unable to find out anymore about her birth family and any brothers and sisters.

Can anyone help?

:)

DebbieG
John Sale was HRH Prince Charles's 7th great-grandfather - and mine too - so one would expect that someone has traced him, but so far I cannot find anything.

I am wondering if you have got anywhere in the past near decade?