Author Topic: George Stringer VC Manchester Regiment  (Read 5791 times)

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Stringer VC Manchester Regiment
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

Welcome to Rootschat

Wow this is an old link, it was originally created in 2008 and David was last on Rootschat in 2014 but he may pick up the email, hopefully. I was very poorly when David left this message so did not reply.

My interest only stems from my hunts around Philips Park Cemetery. The pdf ebook I did which is well out of date, has other graves of interest which have been found. Will it ever get done I doubt it.

I have attached a link to the file in my dropbox for this pdf file should you want a copy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pio95vfui43n0ho/Philips%20Park%204%20Historic%20Burials%20v1.1.pdf?dl=0

You may get a better response if you create a new thread for your hunt.

Oh and just to mention my wife was a Millington from Manchester whose family originated in Birmingham. 

Regards
Ken

Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline StringerH

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Stringer VC Manchester Regiment
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 November 17 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Not sure if this site is still being used but I’ve just discovered George Stringer and wondered if he could possibly be related to my Grandfather who ended up living in Middleton with my Grandmother Millicent.

Any talk of war was kept quiet along with family history so I’m stuck at the moment. I do know that my grandfather William Stringer was with the Manchester Regiment. He was born in 1910